Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!
What power are you running the Gyer at now?
I see you got some Goniophora on the right side now as well. :D
I originally had them on the back wall but wasn't getting the right flow I'd hoped for. Everything seems much happier with them on the sides. I have both pumps set to max at 50%. They're set to anti-sync and ramp up and down over 30 seconds.
Unfortunately those aren't goni's. For some reason I can't get goni's to do well in the tank. Maybe the tank is just too young. They're the next best things...alveapora's. You can tell they're loving the tank.

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally had them on the back wall but wasn't getting the right flow I'd hoped for. Everything seems much happier with them on the sides. I have both pumps set to max at 50%. They're set to anti-sync and ramp up and down over 30 seconds.
Unfortunately those aren't goni's. For some reason I can't get goni's to do well in the tank. Maybe the tank is just too young. They're the next best things...alveapora's. You can tell they're loving the tank.
Oh wow couldn’t tell with no flow. I’m sure it has to do with how young your tank is. Have you sent off an ICP test to see what’s in your tank? Might surprise you.
yeah I moved my Gyer to the same place and put an MP10 pushing forward from the back wall. This seems to have solved all my flow dead spot issues for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow couldn’t tell with no flow. I’m sure it has to do with how young your tank is. Have you sent off an ICP test to see what’s in your tank? Might surprise you.
yeah I moved my Gyer to the same place and put an MP10 pushing forward from the back wall. This seems to have solved all my flow dead spot issues for now.
Yep, got the results about a month ago. There was 0 iodine and everything else was normal. I started dosing iodine 3 weeks ago.

Jon F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spotted a Talbot Damsell! Love them, here's mine.

IMG_20210312_192125.jpg

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great!!! Those Blastos! :)
Thanks...every blasto I put in the tank just explodes. All of them started with one or two heads. Acan are a different story. :-( They just barely survive for some reason. I've got three in there now. Two of them are looking better finally starting to show some puffiness. The third is still mostly retracted. Not sure what the issue is with them.

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a quick video update. Tank is pretty much running on autopilot right now and pretty stable...cross all my fingers!

OP
OP
Jimbo662

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are things coming along? No update in a while.
Yikes...it has been a while. Tank has pretty much been on cruise control and everything is doing well. I think the only change I've made was to add an IceCap ATS several months ago to try to help avoid using GFO.

RX FILLER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly making progress. Salt was added on Saturday and sand on Sunday. Not gotta mess around with the gyres to try to stop the bare spots at the front.
IMG_20200504_104520257.jpg
Love the placement of the rocks! When the tank matures it will look like you took a piece of the reef and put it in your tank!
Kudos. Bob

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back