Waterbox Frag 165.6 not level, gap on 2 corner, customer support tell me it's "normal"?!?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt realize leveling mats needed time to properly support structures. Sure, it will compress over time, but until then the tank is not properly supported.

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Levelling wouldn't be the issue with the stands, it would be a problem with the top not being completely straight or flat and no amount of levelling could correct that.

But either way, you have Miracles right in your area. They built an aquarium for me years ago and it was top notch.
Yep, I'm going to have a 6'x6' shallow reef building by Miracle before the end of the year. I have a 450 Gallon peninsula tank build by them, it was build like a tank.
If I can get a refund I will take it, or else I might have to sell the replacement tank at a loss. I don't even want it in my house anymore.

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt realize leveling mats needed time to properly support structures. Sure, it will compress over time, but until then the tank is not properly supported.
Tank was filling up with water for 7 days, this is what @Waterbox Aquariums told me to do, "the foam will compress". Now the seam is failing...
And one more thing Miracle told me is: "Always level your aquarium when they are empty, DO NOT fill it with water until the aquarium is leveled.
Where did the engineer from @Waterbox Aquariums get their degree???

Panama Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should really contacting waterbox
check this post:

Yeah Im not having an issue like that from mine. I can't speak for your issue with the stand as I made my own stand. I bought the glass new off a friend without a stand. I thought maybe the air bubble you spoke of was more so the leveling mat underneath and everything was fine after filling with water. I apologize as I have not had a chance to watch any of your videos, while at work. i can only speak for your corners. Either way good luck my friend. Hope it all works out for ya.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My dealer is talking with them right now. They don't even reply my email anymore. I saw all the youtuber posting awesome videos about their beautiful waterbox tank, but when I pull the trigger it's another story. I didn't pay it with my credit card... I know my dealer for a long time, he's trying his best to help me.
I was looking at Innovative Marine Lagoon EXT 150, a bit cheaper, if you factor in the sump and plumbing cost is almost the same. Glad you are happy with your tank, I'm not sure if I can just return the thing and order an Innovative Marine Lagoon EXT 150 from the same dealer.
a lot of those guys were sent a perfect tank, free tank for advertisement. I can't say all of them. But, I watched a few videos of "waterbox sent me this tank!" videos.
My question to them would be
"if the tank breaks, is waterbox going to cover all damages?" they would say yes.
But reality is. If it were break, they would say it was your fault the tank was off level.
Bad company, so glad I didn't buy from them and never will.
I am so sorry for you and your wife to go through this.

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lot of those guys were sent a perfect tank, free tank for advertisement. I can't say all of them. But, I watched a few videos of "waterbox sent me this tank!" videos.
My question to them would be
"if the tank breaks, is waterbox going to cover all damages?" they would say yes.
But reality is. If it were break, they would say it was your fault the tank was off level.
Bad company, so glad I didn't buy from them and never will.
I am so sorry for you and your wife to go through this.
Yep, I was thinking about the same, the youtuber might get their special tank that is perfect to let them say good thing about them.
@Waterbox Aquariums still telling me the aquarium looks structurally sound. They just don't want to replace it, that's all.
Sometimes you just have to listen to your wife, I think draining the tank is the correct thing to do.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you, I'd PM @Joe Glass Cages and/or @Lowell Lemon and get their professional opinions. Both have been incredibly helpful with stuff like this in the past.
thanks so much for reaching out @Cell, truly appreciate it.

I read through everything here @IceRain29. Very tough for me to provide feedback on a tank we dont manufacture.

I am only and an expert with GlassCages tanks. I am sorry.

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a really nice talk with Joe, what he told me is similar to what Miracle Aquarium told me.
It's a combination of imperfection of the tank and the stand that's compressed by the weight, the 5mm foam pad is not enough to compensate the imperfection.
Go custom if you are looking anything over 100 Gallon, take something that's made in North America and support the local business!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You and the wife need to sit down enjoy a drink or 2, have a happy dinner and not think about this mess for a bit. It won't help either of you to be stressed. You both need some calm. This is the worst thread of a tank I have read in years.
I know situations happen down the road. But, this road just started.

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and the wife need to sit down enjoy a drink or 2, have a happy dinner and not think about this mess for a bit. It won't help either of you to be stressed. You both need some calm. This is the worst thread of a tank I have read in years.
I know situations happen down the road. But, this road just started.
Thanks for the advice, we'll do that.

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox finally responded to me. They told me their claim staff is out until Monday, we'll take a 3 day break and report back on Monday.
Thanks for everybody's help! Truly appreciated.

Ashy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres a guy on youtube called JDReef and he got a waterbox reef 180. Waterbox sent him the cabinet from a bigger peninusa model and the sump from a bigger model. They cant even get shipping and packaging right.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox finally responded to me. They told me their claim staff is out until Monday, we'll take a 3 day break and report back on Monday.
Thanks for everybody's help! Truly appreciated.
With Canada Day around the corner, I wouldn’t necessarily expect a speedy response.

Helfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Waterbox tank last fall and it has had issues as well. Scratches on the glass, terrible silicone work, leaking overflow box and also some issues, which I consider design flaws. The customer service has deflected all responsibility from these issues. I bought waterbox as I though it would be higher quality compared to Red Sea and their issues. How disappointing this journey with them has been. Would I buy Waterbox again - no I wouldn't.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Waterbox tank last fall and it has had issues as well. Scratches on the glass, terrible silicone work, leaking overflow box and also some issues, which I consider design flaws. The customer service has deflected all responsibility from these issues. I bought waterbox as I though it would be higher quality compared to Red Sea and their issues. How disappointing this journey with them has been. Would I buy Waterbox again - no I wouldn't.
At least Red Sea acknowledged the design flaws and fixed it. My 750 v3 features thicker glass, reinforced corners, a 2” steel lip supporting the entire front of the stand where the tank juts out and an aluminum strut support under the sump. Many of their tanks now feature upgraded v3 stands and sumps as well.

The only issues I’ve had were a defective door push-close and the plastic lid on the overflow is warping at the edges.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get stuck with the tank, I might suggest try adding another layer of leveling foam(double thick), or ask WB to send you one. I wonder if it will help with the corner issue.
At this point I’d be concerned with any potential damage to the seam from the imbalance. If the OP runs the tank as is he’s on the hook for any damage (aside from replacing the tank). I know a guy that had a failed Red Sea 750 and all they covered was replacing the tank (he had to use his home insurance to cover the water damage, cleanup and lost fish and corals).

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back