Waterbox Frag 165.6 not level, gap on 2 corner, customer support tell me it's "normal"?!?

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update, guys, waterbox is offering me a refund and is going to scheduling a pick up for the tank/stand/sump.
I'll let them come pick up the tank when my dealer received the refund from waterbox. Will do a video for the pick up process just to make sure there's no liability against me.
Thank you everyone and thank you reef2reef!
Now I have to start a monster build thread for my friend's 800 Gallon Miracle Custom tank.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it worked out! And it probably only cost Waterbox several dozen potential new customers in the process... ;Facepalm

So are there plans to replace it with anything at this point? Or is this a case of “happy wife happy life” at this point?

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it worked out! And it probably only cost Waterbox several dozen potential new customers in the process... ;Facepalm

So are there plans to replace it with anything at this point? Or is this a case of “happy wife happy life” at this point?
yep, ordering a 72"x72"x18" shallow display to replace my current 84"x48"x25.5" 450 gallon display tank. And I will be replacing the the 165.6 with a 72"x30"x16" frag system. All from Miracle.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep, ordering a 72"x72"x18" shallow display to replace my current 84"x48"x25.5" 450 gallon display tank. And I will be replacing the the 165.6 with a 72"x30"x16" frag system. All from Miracle.
Keep us posted! Love your “fish room” (my wife would never go along with me commandeering most of the basement...!

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted! Love your “fish room” (my wife would never go along with me commandeering most of the basement...!
She's a good wife ;) I though she's going to kill the other day but she didn't. And she told me to drain the tank which is totally correct. I have to plan well this time, I'll take my time on the big system, last time I lost close to $10k cad worth of fish because I was too rush to do everything.

Espino963

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I loved Waterbox as well as my aquarium until I read this thread. I’m definitely never purchasing a bigger Waterbox tank and unsubscribing from all their shenanigans. They pride them selves off “customer service” and provided none when it came to a tank that they don’t even manufacturer.

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya Im also thinking the same.

Im in talks with Miracles as well for a 220G tank. Im glad a dodged a bullet of not buying the Waterbox.

PilotOfSubmarines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I’m not sensing a ringing endorsement for Waterbox here...
This is the same with many reviews. The people who don't have issues really don't post many comments about it.

I've had a 220.6 for 18 months and I'd buy 10 more of their tanks if I could fit them. I have seen MANY Waterbox systems setup and they are beautiful and running without issues. The quality of my tank is second to none.

Issues arise...it's normal. IceRain29 was not going to be happy unless he got a replacement tank, I understand his frustration.

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the same with many reviews. The people who don't have issues really don't post many comments about it.

I've had a 220.6 for 18 months and I'd buy 10 more of their tanks if I could fit them. I have seen MANY Waterbox systems setup and they are beautiful and running without issues. The quality of my tank is second to none.

Issues arise...it's normal. IceRain29 was not going to be happy unless he got a replacement tank, I understand his frustration.
I think we can all appreciate that sometimes things slip through quality control. However, a product is only as good as the company that stands behind it, and to be perfectly honest - how Waterbox handled and initially responded to this this was beyond abysmal.

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed waterbox is going downhill quite fast. Miracles on the other hand, have used those tanks for almost 20 years, love them, great company. I encourage all Canadians to use Miracles, they make awesome custom tanks, and genuinely care about their customers. Glad you got the waterbox issue sorted, that tank would of given me the heebie jeebies every day looking at it.

OP
OP
IceRain29

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just chime in to give you all an update. My dealer picked up the whole tank during the weekend and waiting for waterbox to send the freight company to pick up the tank from my dealer. I should get my refund this week.

dunghan99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot! I just got exact same setup in 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for lights and other equipment before adding water . Now your freaking me out

Attachments

• A2173573-CE07-4348-9731-AB7B91D88E25.jpeg
    A2173573-CE07-4348-9731-AB7B91D88E25.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 115

Maxcmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I loved Waterbox as well as my aquarium until I read this thread. I’m definitely never purchasing a bigger Waterbox tank and unsubscribing from all their shenanigans. They pride them selves off “customer service” and provided none when it came to a tank that they don’t even manufacturer.
This is a pretty new company and you have to expect some hiccups along the way luckily they finally did the right thing for the OP and I think you have to give them some credit for finally coming thru. I just set up my Waterbox Frag 105.4 this past weekend and had a completely different experience than the OP, zero issues and I felt the quality is very high at least compared to what I have dealt with in the past. I will keep an eye on the seams and cabinet just in case and glad to hear the OP will be getting his refund...

Back