Waterbox just dropped the biggest rimless tank!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just in case you have not heard yet waterbox just launched there pro max series.

waterproof wood, alu, stand controller locker + its currently the larges mass produced rimless model.
there biggest is 320 gallon and a little over 7 feet.

and about what a paid for my car. but dang it looks sick!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you are saying. Please explain

Waterbox has a tendency to list there aquarium volumes as if the sump, display and overflow box in the display are filled to the brim. So the actual water volume of the system running is a fair bit less than what they advertise. They have gotten slightly better than when they first came out but are still pretty inaccurate.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly it’s a gorgeous tank.

I currently have a custom 60 cube. But would seriously consider this tank if/when I upgrade. Stand is major upgrade and makes me more likely to go with this.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I'd be most concerned about the fact that it is a 7+ foot rimless tank. There's a reason why the vast majority of custom tank builders would never build a rimless tank this size. It does look pretty slick though :)

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
All 3 of those those tanks underneath?

don’t all tank makers include sump? I think when the fresh water is included, only then it’s misleading.

Up until recently all tank manufacturers listed the actual sizes of the tank. So if you're shopping for 180-gallon tank the Aqueon which is 72x24x24 inch is nearly 180 Gallons per https://www.firsttankguide.net/calculator.php

I don't see dimensions listed on Waterbox's site so I cant calculate the actual DT volume.

The way we're going with these manufacturers soon we're going to have the volume of mixing station included. Not sure why.

That said, I'm glad to see tank manufacturers wandering into the 7ft long 30" plus wide arena, but why mislead people?

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I'd be most concerned about the fact that it is a 7+ foot rimless tank. There's a reason why the vast majority of custom tank builders would never build a rimless tank this size. It does look pretty slick though :)
That makes me nervous too. It’s definitely gorgeous.

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12ft rimless from Custom Aquariums going on 2 years. If it leaks, you'll hear about it :)
20201106_170343.jpg

spschiebel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the page is a work in progress. I can't wait to see the full specs and availability on these. I love the aluminum cabinet and controller locker. Wish they would have used true dual returns though. Going to make a decision on my first display in the next few months. This may have just overtaken Cade as my frontrunner depending on the final information.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

they added 2- 3/4" bottom panels. I am guessing that will help with bowing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back