Waterbox Marine AIO 40.2 Build (by ingchr1)

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along in your thread, just got my 40.2 on Tuesday, came across this, I’m assuming they just started making these properly sized for the tank in case you were interested. Tank looks great BTW!
Thank you

I need to get some coral photos up. But I can't seam to take any photos that seam to do them justice.

I did buy a full basket for one side. The only problem with it is that if you use it on the left chamber the open side is facing out. And with my setup I happen to have it on the left side. I made the ATS for the right side.

The small floss holder does work without issue.

Are you going to have a build thread? Not may on them. Would be good see what others do.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Update:

Last Sunday ended the fallow period on the DT and the fish went back in. Unfortunately the Chalk Bass and Tailspot Blenny died while in the QT. The Bass got a popeye from what I suspect was a mechanical injury. The fish appeared to recover but died shortly after. The Blenny I suspect died from a piece of dirt it ingested while I was feeding white worms. The fish was fine, I saw it eat the piece of dirt, then the fish died within two days. I had another thread on it: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dirt-leads-to-fish-death.693447/

Here's the Firefish and Wrasse back in the DT.

IMG_20200411_124404100.jpg

IMG_20200411_124700371.jpg

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long over due, but here are some photos.

While the tank was cycling I relocated it from the dining room to the living room. Where I had it in the dining room the floor was too springy, it moved way too much for my liking when the kids ran by.

Coral: Favia, Green Star Polyp, Xenia, Ricordia Florida, Goniopora and Galaxea
Fish: Banggai Cardinal and Royal Gramma
CUC: Various snails and a conch

I had three Banggai, but two died two weeks after they went in the display from quarantine. That was two months ago, not sure why they died. I also had a Solarance Wrasse that did not make it through QT. Pretty sure it was flukes that got him (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/issue-with-wrasse.617621/). That was a month and a half ago, and I'm still battling the flukes. Currently treating the tank with Prazi for them. Hopefully this round gets it done and they are not Prazi resistant.

WB40 8-17-19 (1).jpg

WB40 8-17-19 (2).jpg

WB40 8-17-19 (4).jpg

WB40 8-17-19 (5).jpg

WB40 8-17-19 (3).jpg
I know this is late, but THANKS for the updated photos. I've purchased a new home and had to take down my tanks and set it back up. Whew, what a task... I am going to do a Fish Only setup for now and I may add more Corel later. I send some photos soon. Thanks again for the photos.

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great setup. Now that you’ve had the tank for a bit I’m curious how your liking just the tank/AIO aspect? I’ve had various IM tanks which all did the job but was considering this model because of its dimensions.

Any feedback on the tank, AIO compartments or the stand would be appreciated.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I like about the AIO is that I have a place to store everything in the stand. Where I have the tank setup no extra room to place a bigger tank or adjacent cabinet.

The rear chambers fit everything I need. Dual pumps, dual heaters, ATO, level sensor, skimmer, probes, ATS and a inTank media rack.

No real complaints about the stand. The coating on the wood seams durable and should last. Wish it came with shelves, but I added my own pull outs.

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I like about the AIO is that I have a place to store everything in the stand. Where I have the tank setup no extra room to place a bigger tank or adjacent cabinet.

The rear chambers fit everything I need. Dual pumps, dual heaters, ATO, level sensor, skimmer, probes, ATS and a inTank media rack.

No real complaints about the stand. The coating on the wood seams durable and should last. Wish it came with shelves, but I added my own pull outs.
Thanks! Appreciate the info and the storage for the ATO reservoir, etc.. in the cabinet and not dealing with a sump is a big bonus for me as well.

jkap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still running the 9004 skimmer? I have the same tank and I'm about to pull the trigger on a skimmer. Does the tight fit in the rear chamber affect it at all?

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still running the 9004 skimmer? I have the same tank and I'm about to pull the trigger on a skimmer. Does the tight fit in the rear chamber affect it at all?
Is still run the skimmer.

I don't have anything to really compare it to, but I don't think the operation is affected.

diabolical_clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, I really enjoyed this thread. I'm interested in the Waterbox in a similar volume, trying to decide between the Waterbox AIO 35 (33 gal display), vs the Marine 35 (22 gal display, 11 gal sump). With all the equipment you are now using, do you miss the sump? I'm particularly curious if you have noise issues with the Tunze protein skimmer and if it might be better off in the sump/cabinet.

Thanks and please keep up the updates.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, I really enjoyed this thread. I'm interested in the Waterbox in a similar volume, trying to decide between the Waterbox AIO 35 (33 gal display), vs the Marine 35 (22 gal display, 11 gal sump). With all the equipment you are now using, do you miss the sump? I'm particularly curious if you have noise issues with the Tunze protein skimmer and if it might be better off in the sump/cabinet.

Thanks and please keep up the updates.
Really can't give a comparison as I haven't had a tank with a sump. I need the cabinet space to keep all the electrical, ATO reservoir and other supplies. With the available space for the tank the AIO was our best solution.

The tank is in the living room right next to the seating and the skimmer noise does not bother me. It's a low constant sound.

diabolical_clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really can't give a comparison as I haven't had a tank with a sump. I need the cabinet space to keep all the electrical, ATO reservoir and other supplies. With the available space for the tank the AIO was our best solution.

The tank is in the living room right next to the seating and the skimmer noise does not bother me. It's a low constant sound.

I see. i’m planning to have the tank in a high traffic area in the living room, not too far from the TV and dining table. If you have to work close to your tank, say within 6 feet, how annoying would the noise be?

the other thing I liked about your setup is the backup pump and heater. Have you factored in power outages? I feel like that might happen more often than a pump randomly failing. I’m thinking about buying a CyberPower UPS unit, which gives a 25W return pump about 4 hours on battery alone. I’ve never had a power outage that long, but I feel like it’s a good insurance.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. i’m planning to have the tank in a high traffic area in the living room, not too far from the TV and dining table. If you have to work close to your tank, say within 6 feet, how annoying would the noise be?

the other thing I liked about your setup is the backup pump and heater. Have you factored in power outages? I feel like that might happen more often than a pump randomly failing. I’m thinking about buying a CyberPower UPS unit, which gives a 25W return pump about 4 hours on battery alone. I’ve never had a power outage that long, but I feel like it’s a good insurance.
I sit an arms length from the tank when watching TV and the tank noise is not a distraction. The only time it does is when a powerhead gets out of balance an needs to be cleaned, which isn't that often.

For back up power we have an automatic generator. It does most of the house including the tank. We had it long before the tank. The tropical storm a few weeks ago the power was out for three days.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back