Waterbox Marine AIO 40.2 Build (by ingchr1)

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the reply’s to my post. I just received my Waterbox Tank and Stand today. I have a question about what pump came with the 40.2 AIO +Plus? It did not ship with one but the store that I ordered it from gave mea Aquatop NP Series 317 Gallons per hour. Is this what they usually ship with?

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the reply’s to my post. I just received my Waterbox Tank and Stand today. I have a question about what pump came with the 40.2 AIO +Plus? It did not ship with one but the store that I ordered it from gave mea Aquatop NP Series 317 Gallons per hour. Is this what they usually ship with?
Mine came with a Ecoplus 396gpm. My 15 gallon tank came with a Aquatop pump. So that may be what they come with now.

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for the info. I’ll be setting up my tank next week and just wanted to know if that would be sufficient.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for the info. I’ll be setting up my tank next week and just wanted to know if that would be sufficient.
The two Sicce Syncra 0.5 pumps I'm using in parallel dialed to minimum flow are probably pushing 200 and something gpm.

What you have will be fine.

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate all your responses and input on my new tank setup.
Let me know your thoughts on the following equipment that I’m thinking of getting if you don’t mind. I just don’t want to do unnecessary things for my tank.

I was thinking of getting the VorTech MP10 Power Head, but not sure if that would be too much and just go with two Sicco VN 2000.

Skimmer - Tunze 9004 DC
Media Reactor - Innovative Marine Minimax Pro Series Media Reactor
Heater - Cobalt Aquatics Flat Neo-Them Heater with adjustable thermostat-150W
Thermometers - Lifeguard Aquatics Digital Temp Alert

I received my tank and stand see attached photos.

4312FFFF-6453-435F-9599-BF3E02E2D537.jpeg 2331F3DB-CBCD-44D1-BF60-F6B2D9A6083D.jpeg 0929B5DB-44D4-44A6-9CB5-880027D8DEDD.jpeg B832FA53-3002-4E5A-980A-62BA1201DE62.jpeg

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate all your responses and input on my new tank setup.
Let me know your thoughts on the following equipment that I’m thinking of getting if you don’t mind. I just don’t want to do unnecessary things for my tank.

I was thinking of getting the VorTech MP10 Power Head, but not sure if that would be too much and just go with two Sicco VN 2000.

Skimmer - Tunze 9004 DC
Media Reactor - Innovative Marine Minimax Pro Series Media Reactor
Heater - Cobalt Aquatics Flat Neo-Them Heater with adjustable thermostat-150W
Thermometers - Lifeguard Aquatics Digital Temp Alert

I received my tank and stand see attached photos.

4312FFFF-6453-435F-9599-BF3E02E2D537.jpeg 2331F3DB-CBCD-44D1-BF60-F6B2D9A6083D.jpeg 0929B5DB-44D4-44A6-9CB5-880027D8DEDD.jpeg B832FA53-3002-4E5A-980A-62BA1201DE62.jpeg
Looking good.

I think your equipment choices should be fine. I don't have any experience with VorTech, so I really can't say if one pump will give a good flow pattern for this size tank or if you'd be better off with two opposing pumps.

I'd probably hold off on the media reactor until a need arises.

Joepeace510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! I’m curious as to how you like the filter socks? They seem to be on the small side. My 40.2 is currently cycling with them out but was wondering your opinion on them?

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! I’m curious as to how you like the filter socks? They seem to be on the small side. My 40.2 is currently cycling with them out but was wondering your opinion on them?
Thank you.

I think I would like filter floss better. Floss would be less hassle and maybe last longer before needing replacement. After a few days the socks start to clog and need to be cleaned or swapped out. I have a spare set that I swap out if I need to. Sometimes I'm fine just cleaning them during a water change. I rinse them in the tank water I took out.

When the socks start to clog the water starts to back up in the sock chambers. This subsequently raises level in the display and lowers level in the other chambers. But the ATO (in the center chamber) makes up for the low level in those chambers. The level in the sock chamber and display remain high. This has a minor effect on salinity over time as the socks clog more and more. More and more make up needs to be added to compensate.

Replace the socks, then levels go back to normal. But now the center chambers will be high from the extra makeup water added. The water slowly evaporates back to normal, raising salinity back to normal.

Hope that makes sense.

I know of no other options currently out there. I don't think InTank has a basket for this tank and no one makes a filter cup.

Would be nice if someone came out with a filter cup that drops into the filter plate. The socks are 2.75".

Jdavenp3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Frag 28.2 and I believe the filter socks are the same on both tanks. I did away with the socks in lieu of a filter floss holder from InTank. It works just fine and has eliminated the backup water level like you mentioned.

I am still narrowing down my stock list but have really liked the Waterbox thus far.

OP
OP
ingchr1

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Frag 28.2 and I believe the filter socks are the same on both tanks. I did away with the socks in lieu of a filter floss holder from InTank. It works just fine and has eliminated the backup water level like you mentioned.

I am still narrowing down my stock list but have really liked the Waterbox thus far.
Which one do you have? I don't see any listed for anything other than the Cube 7, 10, 15 and 20.

I also have a Cube 15 and while the sock is the same, the dimensions of the chamber are different.

At one point I thought they did have a basket listed for the Silver Marine tanks, but not anymore.

Jdavenp3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one do you have? I don't see any listed for anything other than the Cube 7, 10, 15 and 20.

I also have a Cube 15 and while the sock is the same, the dimensions of the chamber are different.

At one point I thought they did have a basket listed for the Silver Marine tanks, but not anymore.

I bought one for the cubes. It just essentially hangs over the baffles inside the overflow and acts like a shelf for you to place your floss. It’s not the correct size but I cut the floss to fit the entire area of the overflow chamber and it works perfectly.

I wish they had dedicated baskets as well, I reached out to them and they said it may be a while before they create one mainly Bc Waterbox has changed and so many iterations of tanks.

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a skimmer in your tank? I was thinking of getting one for mines, do you think that would be a good idea?

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many power heads do you have in your setup? Are you doing Coral and Fish or just fish?

Rick Carson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply. just one more question, Do you have any recent pictures of your tank and setup?

Back