Waterbox Marine DX 90.3 plumbing.

cpoynter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my Waterbox Marine DX 90.3 and hit a snag with the plumbing. I was under the impression that the plumbing kit would contain all of the required pieces, but I cannot figure out how to connect the Sicce SDC pump that I ordered with it. Anyone have any experience here?
AF1A4AE5-C939-46B9-B575-04AD84F2B2C1.jpeg

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my Waterbox Marine DX 90.3 and hit a snag with the plumbing. I was under the impression that the plumbing kit would contain all of the required pieces, but I cannot figure out how to connect the Sicce SDC pump that I ordered with it. Anyone have any experience here?
AF1A4AE5-C939-46B9-B575-04AD84F2B2C1.jpeg
Hello kind sir,

I also have a marine x 90.3 and received it the other day. All of the waterbox plumbing is metric and not standard. i believe sicce uses standard plumbing fittings. they include a vinyl hose cause they know no one is gonna have hard plumbing for metric in the USA. if you get a barb for the sicce pump and use the vinyl hose then you should be fine but you have to go and buy a barb fitting for your pump discharge.

waterbox uses metric cause its cheaper. i wish they would change this. it makes it really hard on a user end level to customize anything. and actually get the correct plumbing for the perspective country.

OP
OP
cpoynter

cpoynter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. I ordered the DX - thus no hose. The plumbing provided is the right length to the return section for the pump, but the fitting just barely doesn’t fit. Yay for metric plumbing. I guess I’ll have to find hose and a metric hose fitting for the plumbing (they didn’t provide one.
330C0E79-2E97-47FD-9E7B-AC963925513F.jpeg

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah. I ordered the DX - thus no hose. The plumbing provided is the right length to the return section for the pump, but the fitting just barely doesn’t fit. Yay for metric plumbing. I guess I’ll have to find hose and a metric hose fitting for the plumbing (they didn’t provide one.
yea metric plumbing sucks lol... but yes you gotta get a vinyl hose. i forgot the DX came with hard plumbing.

If i was you id get a metric to standard union off BRS or coralvue website for the correct size then hard plumb your check valve in and plumb it into the sump then after that get your two barbs one on the pump and one on the hard plumbing and put the vinyl on.

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir.
no problem!! let me know how it goes I wanna see what you end up doing with it! ill be posting some of my pictures here soon! =] I just had to wait for the plumbing stuff because the whole metric to standard bull crap lol

OP
OP
cpoynter

cpoynter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the union from BRS reduces the diameter 25mm to 3/4in where 1in would be appropriate. Do you think this would cause damage to the pump from overpressure?

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the union from BRS reduces the diameter 25mm to 3/4in where 1in would be appropriate. Do you think this would cause damage to the pump from overpressure?
No, because the pump is plumed for standard fittings… the conversion happens at the union. DN25 is 1”(32mm--->1") DN20(20MM-->3/4)

the slight reduction from the piping size will not affect it...for the actual amount that is actually changing you wouldn't even be able to tell in regards to friction loss and the pump deadheading. in fewer word no it won't effect your pump at all.

Now if you have allot of 90-degree plumbing then your gonna notice friction loss and have to amp up the pump.

Back