Waterbox Marine X 110.4 vs Redsea REEFER 350

Franhkies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team
I'm shopping to upgrade my reef system to new tank. I would like to get some advise from the group about
Waterbox Marine X 110.4 and RedSea Reefer 350. Tee wb is cost 2299.00 vs REDSEA 2125.00
their capacity and option is very close, I think Redsea sump system is bigger than WB.
Can you guys give me some advise what system is the best to go with?
Thanks a lot.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both are excellent options. its like the Samsung vs iPhone of the aquarium hobby. I personally own a red sea reefer 250 and couldn't be happier. main reason I chose red sea over waterbox was because they tend to be cheaper where I live and the dimensions of the tank suited me best. from personal experience I have to suggest redsea. I think the rest depends on personal preference on some of the features present in each.

Saltwater_Lab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox (60.2) and a Red Sea (525xl). Personally I feel like the Red Sea is a better tank. Cabinet seems more solid, the sump set up is more user friendly and the small details like the silicone, overflow cover and valve seem to me to be a better product.
I think what it will come down to is what dimensions you are more comfortable with. Neither one is a bad choice in my opinion. If they are too similar to make a difference then I would go with Red Sea. Shorter lead times, customer service is good (haven’t had to deal with Warerbox yet) and more experience/longer reputation.

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really! They said at the time it could be 6 weeks. Just found out yesterday I am in the queue to get shipped between Feb 15 to 25. Lets hope...
Telling me the same thing now. I made sure before I ordered and they assured me twice that it would be 3-5 days then I get another email yesterday saying they were incorrect and it’s supposed to be between 2/10-2/20. But I just ordered it the 28th so you’ve been waiting longer than me.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team
I'm shopping to upgrade my reef system to new tank. I would like to get some advise from the group about
Waterbox Marine X 110.4 and RedSea Reefer 350. Tee wb is cost 2299.00 vs REDSEA 2125.00
their capacity and option is very close, I think Redsea sump system is bigger than WB.
Thanks a lot.
I would recommend RedSea over Waterbox as I rlly like the sump system better on RedSea. I actually have a RedSea 350 that has only run 5 months. Comes with AI prime LED light and hard mount, rocks, protein skimmer body and cup, return pump, and 2 boxes of brand new un opened supplies. Let me know if you would like to purchase.

mforde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team
Thanks a lot.
Hello, I know this post is old but I am currently considering the same options and came across your post. Did you ever decide on a tank and if so what was the outcome?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back