Waterbox Marine X 110.4 vs Reef 100.3 Question

jbozarth78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a questions about the Waterbox. I am trying to choose between Marine X 110.4 or Reef 100.3, but was curious about the piping on the Marine X. I notice on the Marine X the sump pipe is coming down into the skimmer chamber instead of into the sock chamber. This doesn't make sense to me. I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on why this is? The Reef 100.3 has the pipping coming down into the sock chamber. For the Marine X, do I need to run tubing from the pipe into the sock chamber? I am wanting to grow coral in this tank. Thanks for the help!!

Marine X 110.4
Marine X 110.4.JPG

Reef 100.3
Reef 100.3.JPG

Champagnebrian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s correct. There’s a larger box not easy to see in the box that actually flows into the filter sock chamber after even though it looks like it drops into the skimmer area. If you watch the YouTube video from Waterbox where they unveiled the tank, it’s about 23 min long or so you can see a much better picture. I think it’s quite large then it needs to be but if that’s your only concern it’s not much they are both flowing to the filter chamber

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back