Waterbox Marine X 60.2 Build

PaulE61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I Dipped my toe into Marines/reefing 2 years ago, had Tropical freshwater tank and kept Koi outdoor before, so I've a good understanding of basic water chemistry for fish keeping, so after a long hiatus decided to have a go at marine fish keeping.
Went for a visit to LFS explained that I don't have a lot of space but would like a saltwater aquarium, long story short I've a got a aqua one Nano 40 (55 Ltrs) AIO, had fish first but very soon corals caught my eye, tried and lost a lot of softies and LPS, soon realised a 10 gallon AIO has its limitations so after much deliberation I've decided I need a bigger tank (Like you do)
So Here it is..
Decided a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 would just fit into my lounge, (average homes in the UK are quite small), wanted a Peninsular 3620, but dreaming is free apparently, so I've got me a 60.2 with an oak cabinet ( Brand New) and started searching ebay for equipment, this is what I managed to acquire, I would appreciate any feedback regarding suitability of my choices of gear for this build.
Waterbox X Marine 60.2
Kessil X Controller .......(Already Own)
Kessil 360X Tuna Blue..(Used)
Bubble magus Curve 5 (Used)
Vortech Ecotech MP10wqd (used)
Inkbird Temp controller (New)
D&D Titanium heater 250W (New)22
TMC Reef Pump 2000 12v DC(New)
TMC ATO (New)
TMC Reef Filter nano 100.... X 2(New)
D&D H2Ocean P1 Dosing pump(New)
EHEIM Reeflex UV UVC Marine 350 (Used)
D&D Aquascape Dry Rock 20KG (New)

That's pretty much it for the hardware, I'm having a go at constructing a NSA with the dry rock, using the superglue & Sand method, which by the way is fantastic, I'm using 2 different viscosity's one really thick (use at work) for initial bond + accelerator and a fairly thin one to dribble into cracks and soak sand turning it to a kind of concrete.
A.jpg C2.jpg E2.jpg F2.jpg 3.jpg Th

Fin.jpg

Finished article...... had to lose the middle support as it was lower than the others and was making it wobble, also added a few pieces at the back to provide caves/ hidey holes for the fish, hope it looks good in the tank.
UPDATE
Put this into the tank and added sand and water......disappointed with the result, it looked too low with very little space
underneath, I'd not accounted for the sand bed, even so it lacked height, so I pulled it out... B.jpg
Bit of a trick getting it out as its heavy n wet, but managed it.
Did some re-modelling added a bit more height and habitat but still needed to gain some space underneath, I could not find four rocks that suited so I came up with the idea of gluing stacks of eggcrate to the bottom of the "feet", it worked a treat the eggcrate disappeared into the sand and raised it up about an inch. C.jpg
This is the final version....

E.jpg
And then back into the tank..... Much happier with it now, can start to cycle at last.

Last edited:

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I Dipped my toe into Marines/reefing 2 years ago, had Tropical freshwater tank and kept Koi outdoor before, so I've a good understanding of basic water chemistry for fish keeping, so after a long hiatus decided to have a go at marine fish keeping.
Went for a visit to LFS explained that I don't have a lot of space but would like a saltwater aquarium, long story short I've a got a aqua one Nano 40 (55 Ltrs) AIO, had fish first but very soon corals caught my eye, tried and lost a lot of softies and LPS, soon realised a 10 gallon AIO has its limitations so after much deliberation I've decided I need a bigger tank (Like you do)
So Here it is..
Decided a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 would just fit into my lounge, (average homes in the UK are quite small), wanted a Peninsular 3620, but dreaming is free apparently, so I've got me a 60.2 with an oak cabinet ( Brand New) and started searching ebay for equipment, this is what I managed to acquire, I would appreciate any feedback regarding suitability of my choices of gear for this build.
Waterbox X Marine 60.2
Kessil X Controller .......(Already Own)
Kessil 360X Tuna Blue..(Used)
Bubble magus Curve 5 (Used)
Vortech Ecotech MP10wqd (used)
Inkbird Temp controller (New)
D&D Titanium heater 250W (New)22
TMC Reef Pump 2000 12v DC(New)
TMC ATO (New)
TMC Reef Filter nano 100.... X 2(New)
D&D H2Ocean P1 Dosing pump(New)
EHEIM Reeflex UV UVC Marine 350 (Used)
D&D Aquascape Dry Rock 20KG (New)

That's pretty much it for the hardware, I'm having a go at constructing a NSA with the dry rock, using the superglue & Sand method, which by the way is fantastic, I'm using 2 different viscosity's one really thick (use at work) for initial bond + accelerator and a fairly thin one to dribble into cracks and soak sand turning it to a kind of concrete.
A.jpg C2.jpg E2.jpg F2.jpg 3.jpg Th

Fin.jpg

Finished article...... had to lose the middle support as it was lower than the others and was making it wobble, also added a few pieces at the back to provide caves/ hidey holes for the fish, hope it looks good in the tank.
UPDATE
Put this into the tank and added sand and water......disappointed with the result, it looked too low with very little space
underneath, I'd not accounted for the sand bed, even so it lacked height, so I pulled it out... B.jpg
Bit of a trick getting it out as its heavy n wet, but managed it.
Did some re-modelling added a bit more height and habitat but still needed to gain some space underneath, I could not find four rocks that suited so I came up with the idea of gluing stacks of eggcrate to the bottom of the "feet", it worked a treat the eggcrate disappeared into the sand and raised it up about an inch. C.jpg
This is the final version....

E.jpg
And then back into the tank..... Much happier with it now, can start to cycle at last.
Love the aquascape design!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back