Waterbox Peninsula min 25 - Back After 10 Years!

Ddun8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. As background, here are my tank details so far:

Tank Summary:
Waterbox Peninsula 25 AIO
Red Sea Reef 50 light
Tunze 9001 skimmer
Innovative Marine Hydro Fill ATO
Sicce Voyager Nano powerhead
Fluval E100 Heater
CaribSea Life Rock
CaribSea Live Sand

Got the tank wet on December 22, 2022. Around January 10, 2023, decided to start the Red Sea Reef Mature Pro kit for my cycling. It was a longer than anticipated cycle, but given I had no live rock, I'm happy. The only real issue I ran into so far was a bit of a bacterial bloom that sludged up the tank, but otherwise no big uglies yet. Tank had been testing at 0-0.2 on my Red Sea Test kit for about a week, so first livestock went in on Monday, February 6. I started with two "Frostbite Absolute zero" Clowns. They seem pretty happy so far. I am mixing feedings with the pellet food used by the hatchery where they were bred, and some frozen mysis, which they go mad for. They seem to have found their initial "safe space" along the back wall above or under my 2nd powerhead but will venture out to explore every once in a while.

Future hardware is a Kraken Polycarbonate lid with a feeding hole, and a custom roller mat filter made by isealive. (Filter socks aren't my favorite) I am also building the stand in the next week or so. Not ideal to have to move the tank after having it set up and cycled, but immediately before getting the tank wet we were informed we may have to have our hardwood floors resurfaced where the stand was planned on going. I will do my best to drain and disturb the tank the least when it comes time to move. (only about 10 feet) Wish me luck.

Future livestock planned is a base CUC of snails/crabs and possibly a Goby/shrimp. Once the tank is moved to its permanent location, and the tank has matured a bit, onto the corals! Ideally, I want to have a nice mix of softies and LPS...I love the colors and flow of Euphyllia. Possibly some SPS down the line. Let me know what you all think! Great to be back into the hobby!

IMG_5173.jpeg IMG_5174.jpeg IMG_5175.jpeg IMG_5176.jpeg IMG_5177.jpeg IMG_5183.jpeg

OP
OP
Ddun8

Ddun8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice hardscape you got going there.
Thanks! Tried balancing fish/coral real estate the best I could. Would have loved to go with some custom broken-up Marco rock, but with so little room, I was worried I'd go overboard.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really love the WB 25 pen. I was hounding them for years to make a nano -ish peninsula ended up with a fiji cube 20. peninsula. ( it been down for a years now but loved that little guy)

such cool little tanks right!?

hows that tunze skimmer working out for ya?

OP
OP
Ddun8

Ddun8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really love the WB 25 pen. I was hounding them for years to make a nano -ish peninsula ended up with a fiji cube 20. peninsula. ( it been down for a years now but loved that little guy)

such cool little tanks right!?

hows that tunze skimmer working out for ya?
Yes! It does a great job, but I will say with the design of the baffles in the sump, the magnet that the skimmer uses to hold itself up only allows me to put it in one spot, and there isn't a ton of room for adjustment. I have accidentally gotten the back plate of the magnet stuck in between the baffles to the pump chamber and it blocked 75% of the flow and was a nightmare to get out haha.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! It does a great job, but I will say with the design of the baffles in the sump, the magnet that the skimmer uses to hold itself up only allows me to put it in one spot, and there isn't a ton of room for adjustment. I have accidentally gotten the back plate of the magnet stuck in between the baffles to the pump chamber and it blocked 75% of the flow and was a nightmare to get out haha.
Oh man that sounds like a nightmare. How did you get it out?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back