Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 Build

KatesReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to setting up my first saltwater tank in Austin, Texas. It has been cycling for a couple days already.

Equipment list:
Light: AI Prime 16HD
Pump: Sicce 1.0
Wavemaker: Nero 3
Heater: BRS Titanium 100W
Temp contoller: Inkbird
ATO: Reef Breeders Prism ATO

I used a 20lb bag of CaribSea Arag-Alive sand and selected about half of 40lb CaribSea LifeRock shapes. I’ll probably be removing the Koralia since the Nero just came today. Please share any advice or opinions you have.

B2D72715-667B-43F7-9F2B-71CE68F90823.jpeg CC7A5F7F-2DBA-4482-8633-62DB3F8CDB13.jpeg
Great build! How do you like the Nero in here so far?

OP
OP
R

ReeferBoi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your kraken lid is very cool. Why did u go with orange? Also would know to how you feel about the tank so far and how long is the arm that u use on the light. Thank you.
I just thought the orange glowed the best/coolest.

I really love the tank so far. The peninsula style is awesome because of the views. I’ve had freshwater tanks for years but never had a peninsula before. I love how clear the glass is and also that the back is glass as well instead of acrylic. My only real gripe is the return nozzle. I wish you could have a little more control over its direction. Perhaps if they included another joint for it or something.

The arm is the longer 18” flex arm. At first I thought it was too long but now I think it has better spread this way.

OP
OP
R

ReeferBoi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! How do you like the Nero in here so far?
I love it. There wasn’t that much benefit of using a MP10 since I have it against the back wall anyways plus It’s also way cheaper. The app works very well and the Nero remembers your speed settings even if you cut off power. This probably is common but It’s nice to instantly shut off with a smart switch for feeding and not have to use the app. I’ve never had to clean it yet. For some reason it doesn’t get very dirty. It looks great and has a small profile. It’s also very powerful so it never goes over 50% power.

350DRVR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as well as I just started my 25 peninsula as well. I’m thinking of the kraken lid as well As I lost my big black and white clown on my previous tank 12 years ago. Do you think the extra $ is worth it vs the diy lids?
how do you like your Intank chamber?

OP
OP
R

ReeferBoi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as well as I just started my 25 peninsula as well. I’m thinking of the kraken lid as well As I lost my big black and white clown on my previous tank 12 years ago. Do you think the extra $ is worth it vs the diy lids?
how do you like your Intank chamber?
I think it’s totally worth it considering that it fits perfectly and looks super clean. I’m sure function wise there isn’t much difference from a diy one so it might not be worth it for you. I have no regrets about it and would buy another one if I had to.

The InTank chamber is probably the best tank upgrade imo. Total game changer when you don’t need to depend on filter socks.

LovestheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s totally worth it considering that it fits perfectly and looks super clean. I’m sure function wise there isn’t much difference from a diy one so it might not be worth it for you. I have no regrets about it and would buy another one if I had to.

The InTank chamber is probably the best tank upgrade imo. Total game changer when you don’t need to depend on filter socks.
Yep I love my kraken lid on the mine Peninsula 25. But I have 3 cats. It’s super clean without the lid. I might buy a lid made from glass

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back