Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 owners, what upgrades do you recommend?

Chris4reef

Innovative Marine Nano Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can’t speak on growth just yet, just installed it a week ago. But it does make coral color pop!
It comes with a mount for the XR15 so in my case it was very simple.

Attachments

• 6099ADB3-A7CE-4327-AD7B-10F7F75B8CC5.jpeg
    6099ADB3-A7CE-4327-AD7B-10F7F75B8CC5.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 342

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t speak on growth just yet, just installed it a week ago. But it does make coral color pop!
How are the lights working out? Enjoying covering a larger area? Corals picked up in growth yet?

Thanks much.

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I went with a DCS1200 Jecod pump, had to trim the intake threads and it fits the return chamber like a glove. It's also dead silent. Not just "I can't hear it over normal room noise" silent...the tank is right next to my bed and I can't hear it at all. The water agitation on the surface makes more noise.
i was also thinking of doinf this...do u even need to put on the intake thread? can u run it without one?

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What do you guys recommend for uv light and protein skimmer? I's the skimmer even worth doing? I have 3 fish and a couple zoas.
i use the 3w green killing machine....super small...helps with algea....only downside is it need 2 plugs...1 for the light and one for the pump

i also run a coralife nano skimmer v2 .... the break in period took longer than expected....it helps me not worry about overfeeding my corals

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It has threads molded to the housing for the intake strainer. I just shaved some of the threads off.
do u even need the strainer though? if theres nothing in that chamber ever.... can i run it like this?
1630692256575.png

unless its easy enough to do the mod

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 15g but the back end is almost the same size.

i run a AI prime16 HD
ESHOPP protein Skimmer
Kraken Custom lid and custom overflow guard
AI prime Nero 3.
Random flow nozzle.
i would suggest getting a small frag rack or something. i use Reef rax racks looks alittle more natural and blinds in more can find them on BRS site.
i also run the 1.0 pump from sicce.

i dont advise putting a huge light on the tank. AI prime 16/Ecotech 15 or a kessil 160 IMO is more then enough anything bigger can lead to increse algae outbreak down the road with it being a new tank from over saturation

Chris4reef

Innovative Marine Nano Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How are the lights working out? Enjoying covering a larger area? Corals picked up in growth yet?

Thanks much.
They are totally amazing. After maybe two months of running them, I don’t feel like they add a lot of power to my light setup. But because the tank is so long, the spread is much improved. It to me adds more of a color ”pop”.

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still enjoying the lights? Any major issues? Where did you find a decent lighting schedule?

I've ordered and received part of the light equipment. Any problems mounting to the glass as you have it? Do i need to add some supports?

Thanks for your time.

Tim

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with a DCS1200 Jecod pump, had to trim the intake threads and it fits the return chamber like a glove. It's also dead silent. Not just "I can't hear it over normal room noise" silent...the tank is right next to my bed and I can't hear it at all. The water agitation on the surface makes more noise.
What did you have to trim. I’m looking into this for sure?

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the ideas. I'm in the process of setting up a 25 peninsula, SPS dominant. Going with the radio g6 + reefbrite add-on. I would like a skimmer but the ones that fit seem kind of weqk. Maybe just a tunze 9001 for a little skim and some oxygenation. I wish I could find my old deltec ice 600 HOB. That thing was powerful.

Curious if anyone is running a gfo/carbon reactor? if so which one?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back