WaterBox Platinum 135.4 vs. Red Sea Reefer XL 525

60CubeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halfway through Feb, any word on other sizes? Specifically, looking for something in a 6' x 2' x 2' (180G) footprint or larger. What would really drive my decision (away from the 750XXL) is if you included plumbing that was 1) 1" or larger (must have!) and 2) standard/non-metric (nice to have, but not as important if the plumbing was already 1").

OP
OP
Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halfway through Feb, any word on other sizes? Specifically, looking for something in a 6' x 2' x 2' (180G) footprint or larger. What would really drive my decision (away from the 750XXL) is if you included plumbing that was 1) 1" or larger (must have!) and 2) standard/non-metric (nice to have, but not as important if the plumbing was already 1").

We do have larger sizes coming but official announcements aren't going to be until sometime in March.

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Waterbox Aquariums, I am really interested in getting the 135.4. I love the style of the tank and the cabinet with the dual return pumps. My one question is do you think that some time in the future we can order just the tank and the stand. I really like the cleanness of the sump, but for my own personal needs I would really like a relatively large refugium along with a skimmer. If not, don't worry i'll still be getting one :D

OP
OP
Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Waterbox Aquariums, I am really interested in getting the 135.4. I love the style of the tank and the cabinet with the dual return pumps. My one question is do you think that some time in the future we can order just the tank and the stand. I really like the cleanness of the sump, but for my own personal needs I would really like a relatively large refugium along with a skimmer. If not, don't worry i'll still be getting one :D

At this point in time we do not have plans to offer the system without the sump. In the future it is always a possibility but I could not speak to when we may decide on that. We look forward to you joining the Waterbox family!

Aquaman508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed my order to Saltwater Aquarium for a white Waterbox 75.2 . I'm considering doing some type of build thread here on R2R since there isn't really much here about Waterbox, other then complaints about a few false statements comparing their tanks to RedSea's, so stay tuned! I'm betting that they are every bit as good! Hopefully its in stock as their website says and we can get this going sooner rather then later!

Will be going with a Radion XR30 G4 Pro, Nyos 120 Skimmer, EcoTech S1 return pump and EcoTech MP 40 for tank circulation. Should be a nice build and a fun system to own.
Hi. Ill be getting the white 75.2 in a few weeks also. I leaned towards Waterbox because I liked the cube 2x2 look. More depth.
I plan on not using there sump since I dont like glass sumps and there's no place for a refugium in them. I have an Eshopps 3rd gen medium cube refugium, Skimz DC skimmer, DC diablo return, Kessil A160we Tuna Blue, Aquamedic EVO4, Reefkeeper lite. Cant wait to pimp it out! Keep us posted on your progress.
Just placed my order to Saltwater Aquarium for a white Waterbox 75.2 . I'm considering doing some type of build thread here on R2R since there isn't really much here about Waterbox, other then complaints about a few false statements comparing their tanks to RedSea's, so stay tuned! I'm betting that they are every bit as good! Hopefully its in stock as their website says and we can get this going sooner rather then later!

Will be going with a Radion XR30 G4 Pro, Nyos 120 Skimmer, EcoTech S1 return pump and EcoTech MP 40 for tank circulation. Should be a nice build and a fun system to own.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Ill be getting the white 75.2 in a few weeks also. I leaned towards Waterbox because I liked the cube 2x2 look. More depth.
I plan on not using there sump since I dont like glass sumps and there's no place for a refugium in them. I have an Eshopps 3rd gen medium cube refugium, Skimz DC skimmer, DC diablo return, Kessil A160we Tuna Blue, Aquamedic EVO4, Reefkeeper lite. Cant wait to pimp it out! Keep us posted on your progress.

Look forward to seeing your setup when you get it, you may want to use the sump, you may be able to modify it to use fuge. Either way, should be a killer tank, keep us posted!

Saisori

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did the sump cover become part of the waterbox series? I got mine back in December (2017) but did not see this as a piece of the sump.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Macna video it said these tanks come with an ATO resivor. I can't seem to see one in any of the product descriptions or where they go as the cabinet looks full of sump.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Waterbox Aquariums

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the Macna video it said these tanks come with an ATO resivor. I can't seem to see one in any of the product descriptions or where they go as the cabinet looks full of sump.

Thanks.

The ATO reservoir is actually built into the sump so no need for extra containers or taking up more space in a cabinet to have a fully functional ATO system. Very easy access to fill as well.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an ambassador to the brand, I will only say this... Within a week, there will be fireworks in the industry for many options!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back