Waterbox sump design; trickling water in sump compartment.

paal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
In a few days I will help some friends of mine to set up their first reef tank; Waterbox 130.4.
Having watched a few videos, the only thing that worries me is the design of the filter sock compartments: In most detailed videos I've seen, you can actually hear the water trickling down the filter socks. How do you prevent this without running with very low flow through the sump?

ruhmreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
put the eggcrate or anything same design and flat on top..i use filter mat instead of filter sock and i love that idea even better. so i dont need to wash the sock or roll the mat...just throw them away and put the new mat on top.

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

We include a filter sock silencer for the bottom filter sock of the Reef 130.4 to help with this issue. You can see this item here:

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

We include a filter sock silencer for the bottom filter sock of the Reef 130.4 to help with this issue. You can see this item here:

What about for the 220.6? We have the same issue. (Sorry to hijack thread) Interested in seeing if we can reduce water noise as well.

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually dont make them in the 7" version only the 4" but you could probably get someone to make one for you.

Check out the Facebook user group a bunch of DIY stuff there!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back