Waterbox Tank Water Levels

troutman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I was wondering if my water levels were at correct heights? I feel as though the DT is at the proper height; but the rear baffle water levels seem too high? Please see attached photos!
:) (I feel like the water should be falling into the left hand chamber (Filter Sock); instead it just flows in) I am a noobie so please go easy...

Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25; the return pump is running at full flow.

IMG_20210116_103852[1].jpg

IMG_20210116_103806[1].jpg

IMG_20210116_103817[1].jpg

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it just Flows In. They make an attachment which I recently purchased from Intank. It help with keeping top of water clean and raises water level as you like. Very simple and cheap. I highly recommend.

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I think do have a bit to much water in the tank. I keep water return chamber set at about half or a bit above for normal running.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe you can lower the water level where the return pump is to make the water flow down into the sock. Doing this you should also be able to put a top off system where return section as well. So try removing some water in the return section and see how that goes.

OP
OP
T

troutman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to remove from specifically where the pump is?

Not alot room to scoop... Maybe I am thinking about it wrong

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should cascade from one chamber to the next and the next. Looks too high from the pics. Don’t let it just evaporate out or it will be too salty. Remove water until each of the first two chambers cascades to the next. The return chamber should be the only one that changes, and if you have an ATO, that’s where the sensor goes.

OP
OP
T

troutman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should cascade from one chamber to the next and the next. Looks too high from the pics. Don’t let it just evaporate out or it will be too salty. Remove water until each of the first two chambers cascades to the next. The return chamber should be the only one that changes, and if you have an ATO, that’s where the sensor goes.
Thank You; Only other question I have is how much surface stimulation is needed from the return nozzle? The lower I make the water, the steeper I have to angle the nozzle to prevent spray, which in turn reduces surface stimulation due to it being pointed downwards... I suppose what do I want this nozzle doing lol

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter where you take water from the tank it should reduce from we return chamber first. As I stated in the earlier comment I keep the water level in my return chamber at about halfway.
The simple add-on part I mentioned in my earlier post, Intank all-in-one surface skimmer, will help keep the surface of the water clean with the added bonus of giving you options to adjust water level.
To answer your question about the nozzle specifically mine barely disturbs the top of the water. My Surface skimmer and protein skimmer compensate for that so it's not an issue. Good luck, I look forward to following your build.

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter where you take water from the tank it should reduce from we return chamber first. As I stated in the earlier comment I keep the water level in my return chamber at about halfway.
The simple add-on part I mentioned in my earlier post, Intank all-in-one surface skimmer, will help keep the surface of the water clean with the added bonus of giving you options to adjust water level.
To answer your question about the nozzle specifically mine barely disturbs the top of the water. My Surface skimmer and protein skimmer compensate for that so it's not an issue. Good luck, I look forward to following your build.
+1

Are you running a powerhead in the tank as well? Surface agitation is good to have, and the return nozzle can give you some, but I have a Nero3 that aids in the surface movement. Any powerhead should be somewhat adjustable to help get the top of the tank moving.

OP
OP
T

troutman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I will be!

I also have a protein skimmer as well; so from what I've gathered here the return pump agitation would no longer be of concern?

Thank You All! Here is a pic :)

IMG_20210117_103556[1].jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back