OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally went to the dark side and went BB :) Plan is to cover the bottom primarily with coral....have already started adding a bunch of different colored Acans and rock rubble to hide the edge of the egg crate. It was super fun cutting it all out with snips since it went from one side of the tank to the other :( If you can believe it I have 6 relatively large fish.....the only one that is ever visible when I take pics is the trigger lol.

thumbnail (3).jpg

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anybody is following this anymore, but I have decided to completely start over. Already purchased some Caribsea Life Rock. Was not happy with the scape or choice of coral. Learned a lot about what not to do the first time around. I will keep updating here. Wish me luck lol.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What made you break down and start over if you dont mind me asking. Good to see another "local" reefer. I am in ashtabula.
Mainly due to the many fast growing montis that I grew out in the beginning....they started encrusting so fast that they were taking over all the available rock. That is one coral I wish I had never added. Along with that, I wanted a scape more suited to acros.....long across the length of the tank with lots of room for colonies.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reboot is coming along nicely. Have had no major issues so far. I added roughly 20 acro frags (Dave's Skittle, Jason Fox Anacropora, WWC Yellowtip, BC Glostick, Walt Disney, Cherry Corals Ultraviolet, Granulosa, Vivid Rainbow Delight, SC Orange Passion, BC Aquamarine, Pink Cadillac, Palmer's Blue Milli, ASD Rainbow Milli, Ultra Shortcake, Rommel's Watermelon, Candlelight, and a few other tabling acros......all from @Big E (thanks Ed!) Here are some VERY bad pics of a few lol........

coral1.jpg
coral2.jpg
coral3.jpg
coral4.jpg

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I wasn't happy with the new scape.......so I redid it...........again lol. Scape was built with Marco Dry rock, Marco Sand, Super Glue, and Mortar.

IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few new pictures in white light....frags have been added at various times within the last couple of months. Everything is encrusting and growing. Dry/dead rock doesn't look dry and dead anymore :)

IMG_0440.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some current random pics......had a long period of stalled growth that I could never pinpoint. Nutrients were fine. I took carbon offline, dosed aminos, added 4 fish, and increased photoperiod. Things have started growing and coloring up again.

IMG_4489.jpg
IMG_4490.jpg
IMG_4509.jpg
IMG_4517.jpg
IMG_4523.jpg
IMG_4528.jpg
IMG_4533.jpg
IMG_4535.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back