Wavemaker/powerhead recomendations for IM Nuvo 20 gallon fusion pro2

Premium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys looking for some recommendations for wavemaker for my IM Nuvo 20 g tank. I purchased the Hygger mini wave maker and I'm not thrilled with it want to make changes before the tank cycles and get livestock in there. I'm wanting to do a mixed reef build with mostly LPS and softies but can't rule out some SPS towards the top of the tank at some point. Being that this is an AIO tank I currently have the Hygger on the back wall as the cord on side dose not allow me to fully close the top and drives me nuts. I have the mighty jet return pump set on low/constant with just the single duck bills in place.
Options I'm considering are
1) 1 Nero 3
2) 1 MP 10
3) Any other thats not on my list not should be
3) buying another Hygger mini
As always your expertise and time helping is greatly appreciated. Also if you have a tank like mine and have some thoughts or experience with any of suggestions all the more better

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys looking for some recommendations for wavemaker for my IM Nuvo 20 g tank. I purchased the Hygger mini wave maker and I'm not thrilled with it want to make changes before the tank cycles and get livestock in there. I'm wanting to do a mixed reef build with mostly LPS and softies but can't rule out some SPS towards the top of the tank at some point. Being that this is an AIO tank I currently have the Hygger on the back wall as the cord on side dose not allow me to fully close the top and drives me nuts. I have the mighty jet return pump set on low/constant with just the single duck bills in place.
1) 1 Nero 3
2) 1 MP 10
As always your expertise and time helping is greatly appreciated. Also if you have a tank like mine and have some thoughts or experience with any of suggestions all the more better
In my 20g, I ran a koralia nano power head
Jebao RW4 would work also

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an mp10 in my Nuvo 20, simply because it is the only powerhead that does not have a cord in the tank. If you can get one used for a deal, this feature is worth it in my opinion.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) 1 Nero 3
2) 1 MP 10
I have a Nero 3 and I love it!!

OP
OP
Premium

Premium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an mp10 in my Nuvo 20, simply because it is the only powerhead that does not have a cord in the tank. If you can get one used for a deal, this feature is worth it in my opinion.
Yeah really like if for that option but they are super proud of their product and it reflects in the price

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah really like if for that option but they are super proud of their product and it reflects in the price
Hey your username is Premium, so it’s the premium product :face-with-tears-of-joy:!

Another feature I really like, if you have an ecotech light or AI light now as well, you can control them in the same app. I also have a versa doser that I control and adjust in the same app. I like the convenience that they are all in the same place.

OP
OP
Premium

Premium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey your username is Premium, so it’s the premium product :face-with-tears-of-joy:!

Another feature I really like, if you have an ecotech light or AI light now as well, you can control them in the same app. I also have a versa doser that I control and adjust in the same app. I like the convenience that they are all in the same place.
Yeah the Nero works in app too didn't know the Mp did as well thx for the heads uo

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why didn’t you like the Hygger?

Just curious, works well on my 16g

edit: n/m I re-read and it’s the cord. Seems the mp10 would be the only option.

OP
OP
Premium

Premium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for all the input. Decided to go with MP 10. That dam cord in the tank just bugs the heck outta me. It's easy to clean with the purchase of an extra wet side. It's super pricey but I think it will last a long time and pay for itself in the long run. Really appreciate all the input from some quality reefers!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back