WB 20g cube and now WB 65.4 Acro/Wrasse Wonderland!!

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was at Candy Corals picking up the tank I noticed he had a pair of Blue Star Leopards that looked incredibly healthy. Fat and not a blemish on either of them. Unfortunately since my tank is still in the box picking them up wasn’t an option LOL.
We did discuss my fish list though and he said he can get any fish I want within a couple of weeks and will keep them quarantined until I’m satisfied with them. Pretty dang cool I thought.

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard of or seen one of these before. Griessingeri Goby. Grows to 2". How cool is this little guy?
!

1636907093862.png

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m beginning to realise that AI Primes just don’t have enough juice for the new tank. I think they’re perfect for an LPS tank but not Acropora. *sigh*.
@James_O you may be right about the Radions, dang. ;)
Lighting budget just went up considerably. ;Facepalm

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can’t wait to see this new setup ! And I agree radions would be perfect for this new tank !
Thanks brother, not you too?!? Ha!
ya, if I can get 2 of the xr15s in a hybrid t5 fixture that would be perfect. Without the t5s I think I’d need 3 of the radions. Ouchy

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks brother, not you too?!? Ha!
ya, if I can get 2 of the xr15s in a hybrid t5 fixture that would be perfect. Without the t5s I think I’d need 3 of the radions. Ouchy

just heard from the boss man at CC. He’s offered me a very nice discount on 3 Radion xr15s. guess there’s no turning back now. Lol
Going to put them in a Giesseman or AquaticLife 4 bulb T5 fixture, so 2 T5s on front and back and the radions down the middle.

Cry once right? ;)

edit. Why am I quoting my own post?

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just heard from the boss man at CC. He’s offered me a very nice discount on 3 Radion xr15s. guess there’s no turning back now. Lol
Going to put them in a Giesseman or AquaticLife 4 bulb T5 fixture, so 2 T5s on front and back and the radions down the middle.

Cry once right? ;)

edit. Why am I quoting my own post?
Pointing Yes GIF by Peloton

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks. Haven't really had anything to report lately so I didn't bore you with my random thoughts etc lol

Tank is pretty good. Bubblegum Digi has made an almost complete comeback, only difference now is the main body is a darker red than it used to be. I dunno

Only issue at the moment is Aiptasia and it's getting kinda bad. Took a few rocks and corals out yesterday and blasted the aips with lemon juice and AiptasiaX. Think I'm going to have to blast a few of them every day until it's under control.

No news on the new tank as I decided to paint the room it's going in so will have to wait until that's done. That's one way to get motivated to paint...which I hate doing. ha!

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thing looks awesome its on my list too! how has ur gr red riding milli been doing?

Ya I'd never even seen one before and it went straight to the top (ish) of my ever-expanding Acro list. It's on for $160 which is spendy but........

The Red Riding Hood is doing fine, it just ain't doing much of anything. Encrusted over the frag plug now and probably gained a mm or 2 in height but basically it looks just the same. It hasn't moved from the frag rack so not exactly in its happy place yet. The colour is still pretty awesome though.. I'll get another pic soon.

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thing looks awesome its on my list too! how has ur gr red riding milli been doing?

I don't know if you've noticed but all the "high end" Acros at CC look like they come from the same supplier. Exactly the same frag plug with that perfect blob of white epoxy. Ha! Going to ask Afnan next time I'm in, but that might be on a need-to-know basis. ;)

z-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if you've noticed but all the "high end" Acros at CC look like they come from the same supplier. Exactly the same frag plug with that perfect blob of white epoxy. Ha! Going to ask Afnan next time I'm in, but that might be on a need-to-know basis. ;)
never noticed until now that you mentioned it. I always thought these were just frags of his own colonies

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back