We all have that head honcho in "Our" tank..

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a square back he was definitely a rough one but never stood a chance against the tang lol

Yeah, my purple tang is a big softie. I can add new fish at will and the tang doesn't bother them at all.

Serk408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is the black clownfish.I cannot put another fish in there because he picks on it to death(manderin:(). he will bite me until i get my hand out of there but hopefully that will stop soon just upgaded to a 42g versa cadlights:).Me and my kids are to attached to them i cant get rid of them.

20161111_170752.jpg

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is ruled by my Lamarck's Angelfish.
The fish isn't overly aggressive, but it does exert its dominance periodically towards the tangs and rabbitfish. When doing so, it's usually my corals that suffer the most damage as I find broken frags as evidence of the chases.
I've tried a few times to sell the fish (half-heartedly) over the past year or so, but it's such a beautiful fish that it's too hard to just let it go.

KTownReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
My yellow tang is definitely the boss. First fish I got and she ownes every nook and cranny in the rock work. Second would be my gold striped maroon clown pair but only with the chromies.

FishLover01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My head honcho is a tomato clownfish. He always causes me problems when I'm trying to hang seaweed on the clip. He constantly charges at me. I jump and water usually splashes all over the darn place. Secondly, is a cheap 3 stripe damsel. I've had him for 3 years so I feel bad taking him back to the LFS. Those 2 are saltwater devils.

KTownReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My head honcho is a tomato clownfish. He always causes me problems when I'm trying to hang seaweed on the clip. He constantly charges at me. I jump and water usually splashes all over the darn place. Secondly, is a cheap 3 stripe damsel. I've had him for 3 years so I feel bad taking him back to the LFS. Those 2 are saltwater devils.
I used to have a pair of tomato clowns and my wife called them devil clowns. I had to re home them and replaced with my maroon pair.

jcoopcycle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My naso is probably the boss . But I have a yellow that just starts it with everyone else. Will start a fight just to start a fight. Hippo flashes a little now and then but goes to his spot. My (little tomini just stays outta the way) but does get a little sporty once in a while. Flame angel really doesn't care. They swim and hang out together most of the time, just little discussions every now and then

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back