We finally test the AI Prime 16HD and you won't believe the results! From Nano tanks to 120gal Plus...this light has you covered!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

krazykastelic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! I have a bio cube 32 so I took your recommendation on running my tank at 70%. My question is... was the par values for the 18x18 size tank the values at 6 inches under the water? Like mentioned in the beginning of the video. I’m curious to know as I want to add some euphyllia to the higher parts of my scape.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! I have a bio cube 32 so I took your recommendation on running my tank at 70%. My question is... was the par values for the 18x18 size tank the values at 6 inches under the water? Like mentioned in the beginning of the video. I’m curious to know as I want to add some euphyllia to the higher parts of my scape.

The PAR numbers were tested with the light mounted at 10" off the top of the water and the grid of measurements were taken at 6"in, 12"in and just off the bottom of the tank (given the height of the Apogee sensors). If you pause the video at THIS TIMESTAMP HERE you can see each of those depths individually. :)

Petopia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am using a modified Saxby preset at the moment but I just saw your video and I was very impressed...I mean WOW! I have 2 Ai Primes 16HD setup on a 36" tank at 8" height atm and I saw the recommended settings to be run at 100% but cannot find anything regarding the ideal schedule....how many hours per day, how many hours for ramp-up/ramp-down and so on. Can you please give me an advise on this direction? This presets can be downloaded from somewhere? Big thanks and much respect for your work and efforts!!!

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am using a modified Saxby preset at the moment but I just saw your video and I was very impressed...I mean WOW! I have 2 Ai Primes 16HD setup on a 36" tank at 8" height atm and I saw the recommended settings to be run at 100% but cannot find anything regarding the ideal schedule....how many hours per day, how many hours for ramp-up/ramp-down and so on. Can you please give me an advise on this direction? This presets can be downloaded from somewhere? Big thanks and much respect for your work and efforts!!!

I believe BRS recommended a 30min (maybe an hr) ramp up and down with a 8 hr max intensity period.

I personally run a 1hr ramp up 8 hours at full power and 1hr ramp down for a total of 10 hrs. I have in the past cut it down to 6 hrs max instantly to help combat some algae during the ugly phase of the tank.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We've been suggesting 30 minute ramp up/down with 8 hours of steady intensity. We don't have this available for download anywhere, so my suggestion would be to pause the video when you get to the 40 breeder part (19:50 minute mark) and manually input those settings. Since we're not doing a bunch of crazy ramp up and down throughout the day, it should be really quick and easy to set up the lights. Once setup, you shouldn't have to alter them very often or at all.

Petopia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been suggesting 30 minute ramp up/down with 8 hours of steady intensity. We don't have this available for download anywhere, so my suggestion would be to pause the video when you get to the 40 breeder part (19:50 minute mark) and manually input those settings. Since we're not doing a bunch of crazy ramp up and down throughout the day, it should be really quick and easy to set up the lights. Once setup, you shouldn't have to alter them very often or at all.
Thank you so much for your answer! I managed to find also a link on BRS with general guidelines about max. photoperiod/ramp-up and ramp-downs. I listen the feedback of other reefers, I measured PAR on BRS setting at 100% with a Seneye basic PAR meter and I decided to start using the BRS settings on 40% intensity values, with 15days of acclimation starting from 70%. I want to have light on tank for 12h so I will start with 6h full constant photoperiod and 3h ramp-up/ramp-down in the morning/evening. Based on the coral feedback, after few months I intend to get to 8h steady intensity and shorten the ramp-up and down (maybe tune up a little bit also the instensity).
To avoid any hate I mention that I started to have issues with my corals (closed polyps, bleached Monti, shrink Euphyllias) when I switched to AI Primes 16HD and used a preset tuned without clearly understand what "each button do". Also I mention that my tank is 99% LSP/Zoas/Shrooms.

MarioAlcocer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by 100% 90% 70% 25%? Towards the end of the video, does it mean Par setting or…

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by 100% 90% 70% 25%? Towards the end of the video, does it mean Par setting or…
If you go into the app you can adjust intensity of each channel by percent.

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running one prime 16 HD on a 20 gallon long tank.. its my quarantine tank.. but its holding all my coral from my old Marineland tank that I shut down back in August 2021 . I'm cycling a new red sea reefer 300xl . I'm using xr15 g5 on the red sea tank. I'm running AB+ program on the red sea tank that's cycling so I found a prime 16hd AB+ comparable program here on R2R . I started running that on my 20gal long. I'm running it at 12 inches off the surface of the water on acclamation mode at 50% for 90 days. I know I'm getting way less par on the outer edges. I put my scollys there and some acans a little closer to the center of the tank floor. My question is am I doing the right thing using that AB+ template on this 20 gallon for acans and scollys. I have one yellow tip acro I have on a tall rock in the center of the tank. But the rest of my corals are all acans scollys and favias. The corals look ok but are definitely not growing. Alk 9.1 cal 430 mag 1300 nitrates 18 phosphate .08

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back