We got a sneak peek of something HUGE for Radion lighting!!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Well, some of you guessed it. This week on BRStv Investigates we are sticking with the EcoTech Radions, but taking an equally in-depth look at the XR15 G4 Pro!

Wait til you see the special shipment Ryan received from EcoTech - a potential game changer for Radion lighting... ;Woot

What do you all think about this prototype from EcoTech??

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, We have Radions with 80 degree lenses and also 120 degree lenses options I believe. What will the new light defusers offer that the 120 wide angle lenses don't?

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see they are taking a play from the Philips Coral Care playbook. From what I have seen they were the first LED that I saw using a diffuser like this. Unfortunately they aren't available in the US and Philips doesn't seem to want to discuss it...

Don

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, We have Radions with 80 degree lenses and also 120 degree lenses options I believe. What will the new light defusers offer that the 120 wide angle lenses don't?
Enhanced color diffusion, you won't see any separated color spectrum in the shimmer anymore. This more closely imitates how the sun works on natural reefs. Some believe it's better for the coral to have reduced color separation in the lighting.

Last edited:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enhanced color diffusion, you want see any separated color spectrum in the shimmer anymore. This more closely imitates how the sun works on natural reefs. Some believe it's better for the coral to have reduced color separation in the lighting.
You mean won't see? I thought colour was already diffused and blended with the wide angle lenses. :confused:

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean won't see? I thought colour was already diffused and blended with the wide angle lenses. :confused:
Sorry about that, "won't" was the word I meant to put haha

hqdefault.jpg

You see how you can see the different colors of light in the shimmer on the sand bed? The diffuser will get rid of almost all of that as well as the shimmer and it will be a clean, solid color all over your tank. If the diffuser was applied to this tank, the sand would all be the same color.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind the distraction of the dancing colors, then the diffuser is not really needed. It was really interesting just how much of a difference that little change made.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOOOOOHHHHH...planning a new build and trying to figure out what fixture to go with. I've already got two XR15 G4s but was thinking of a T5 fixture. This could change things up.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that, "won't" was the word I meant to put haha

hqdefault.jpg

You see how you can see the different colors of light in the shimmer on the sand bed? The diffuser will get rid of almost all of that as well as the shimmer and it will be a clean, solid color all over your tank. If the diffuser was applied to this tank, the sand would all be the same color.

Right gotcha so kind of splattering the light around mixing it together

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another game changer, but i have to wonder how long the diffuser will last before it yellows and breaks down, glass may be a better solution. Also the 30's are fan cooled, do the 15's have fans or just the heat sink that we see.
thanks for another great Video.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another game changer, but i have to wonder how long the diffuser will last before it yellows and breaks down, glass may be a better solution. Also the 30's are fan cooled, do the 15's have fans or just the heat sink that we see.
thanks for another great Video.
Single fan per fixture on the 15's, not sure if the CFM is the same between the two fixtures.

Back