We got a sneak peek of something HUGE for Radion lighting!!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me feel like Ecotech uses all of their customers as paying beta testers. I'm not a fan of their business model with their lighting. I understand LED is an evolving technology but why not do all the necessary R&D yourself first to come up with the absolute best light you can from the get go like Phillips did? It's like Ecotech is learning as they go funded by hobbyists who are paying top dollar for the best of the best and getting a prototype in return.

Last edited:

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing about Radions will appeal to me until the price drops. Lol

In all fairness, if you saw them in person compared to the other LED lighting products out there you will at see that you're getting what you paid for! There is a very large difference and these new G4 Radions are without a doubt far superior to anything in their class.

dvmsn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are great! Please don't rip us off. It is clip on plastic. DO NOT CHARGE $100 a piece. If you do, I will just wait until the message boards figure out what the diffuser material is and and make my own.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all fairness, if you saw them in person compared to the other LED lighting products out there you will at see that you're getting what you paid for! There is a very large difference and these new G4 Radions are without a doubt far superior to anything in their class.

The price is still absolute BS. $700 is really absurd for some tiny lights and I don't think I would ever consider using any of the big brand LEDs like them or Kessils unless I won them or got them used for a very low price. Welcome to the life of a reefer that is too young to get a job lol

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good video as usual

However I have to question the game changer aspect since Philips already includes the diffuser with the light and Kessil came out with add-on diffusers many months ago, which BRS also did a video on. All in all there is no doubt diffusing the light offers a huge upgrade IMO.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price is still absolute BS. $700 is really absurd for some tiny lights and I don't think I would ever consider using any of the big brand LEDs like them or Kessils unless I won them or got them used for a very low price. Welcome to the life of a reefer that is too young to get a job lol
You'll find that's the case with a lot of hobbies. The better quality, name branded stuff is always gonna be priced at a premium level. The pricing in this hobby is still not as bad as Sailing or Golf though ;)

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought that too, I bought budget LEDs my first time around then moved to AI and after taking a trip to Orlando and seeing all those shops with the XR30 G4 Pro's I was left amazed. Those lights are truly a sight to behold!

At first I was like "heck no, waaay to much $$$" and now i'm like "TAKE MY MONEY"

CMatlosz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are great! Please don't rip us off. It is clip on plastic. DO NOT CHARGE $100 a piece. If you do, I will just wait until the message boards figure out what the diffuser material is and and make my own.

Probably just something like Rosco Cinegel diffusion material, 8 Bucks for a sheet 20 x 24" sheet. Added some to my DIY RapidLED pucks and it looks great, significantly reduced the disco effect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B75TTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw the diffuser panel on the Coralcare is made of glass vs plastic like everyone else. With ecotech you will get the cheap stuff as always.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope many other places start offering diffusers too! I ordered some diffuser panels for my reefbreeder v2 photons, but it has taken forever to get here. I think there is a lot to be gained from these. If nothing else it's great to have the prebuilt option for ppl to decide for themselves.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll find that's the case with a lot of hobbies. The better quality, name branded stuff is always gonna be priced at a premium level. The pricing in this hobby is still not as bad as Sailing or Golf though ;)

Meh, my GalaxyHydros are growing all my acros without a problem so I don't see a need to buy a $700 light when my $80 ones can grow the same stuff haha. Only big difference is that I can't control them from my phone.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, my GalaxyHydros are growing all my acros without a problem so I don't see a need to buy a $700 light when my $80 ones can grow the same stuff haha. Only big difference is that I can't control them from my phone.

You need to spend another $100 on a Reeflink to do that with Radions also

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea my SB Reef Lights are the same, wish I could ramp up the power instead of blasting my corals with light all of the sudden and phone based control would be neat too.

nc208082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh? Galaxyhydros are a growing light, how are you comparing that to the radion with 8 individual color control channels?

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to spend another $100 on a Reeflink to do that with Radions also

Seriously? I assumed they would work like AI Hydras or something. For that much money they should work from your phone at the very least.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh? Galaxyhydros are a growing light, how are you comparing that to the radion with 8 individual color control channels?

I didn't compare it to the radions. You can control the blue on it and the white/green/red/yellow. I simply said that it does a good job of growing my corals and don't see a need to spend $700+ on a light that would do the same with some extra customization features

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back