!!!WE GOT A WINNER!!! FINALLY. BC BONFIRE GROW OUT RESULTS ARE IN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok Wow! This was awesome guys. Thanks a ton to everyone who participated and stuck it out to the end. These things are a marathon and half for sure. You guys really did this acro proud though. So glad to see this one run all the way through to the end with some incredible results.

I'll admit this one was really tough to judge. The top contenders were all really close and each colony had different, specifically outstanding features that really had me going back and forth. I had to closley examine all aspects of the final shot as closely as I could to determine the true winner based on actual growth, accounting for the size of the frag they started with. Again it was tough! But in the end there can only be one victor.

Screenshot 2019-10-16 12.35.06.png

And now for the moment of truth!

In glorious fashion, after all the smoke cleared and the proverbial dust has settled, It was @scdells Bonfire colony that clearly exhibited the most growth. Truly impressive! Congratulations!

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.31.36 PM.png

And, not too far behind at all, in second place, also taking one year's growth to another level. There are so many new growth tips on your piece it's truly outstanding. Huge congrats to @chopper320 !

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.33.19 PM.png

I also felt strongly that an honorable mention was very appropriate in regards to @Biggestfish. Excellent growth here as well. I am definitely going to send you a "swag" pack with some cool BC stuff in there.

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.36.44 PM.png

images-4.png

Here are your official winners of the 2021 BC Bonfire grow out contest

1st @Scdell
2nd @chopper320
3rd @Biggestfish

I will contact all of you tonight to arrange for the delivery of your prizes!

Thanks again to everyone who participated. Again, you guys did some serious justice to this spectacular Acro. And thanks again to @BranchingHammer for organizing and running this one. Really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say this was the strangest end to a contest as I've ever seen.
Ill have to admit I got frustrated with it. But Branchinghammer came back at the end and followed through. He asked me if I really wanted out of it. If it wasn't for him I would be. So thank you Branchinghammer. In my eyes you have redeemed yourself. Not just because I won.
Because the contest was fun for so long. Thanks to every one that participated. Thanks to Adam for sponsoring this contest. And thanks to R2R for being such a good forum.
Don't feel bad for not making it through the contest or for not winning per say. There were quite a few that did a real good job with the bonfire. Who knows if it went for another month or two?
Could be a different winner here.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to all! I wasn’t a participant in this one but was a follower through it all. I hope to see another one soon (though likely not going to participate in it either as my current SPS are struggling

chopper320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! I have truly enjoyed this contest. I know there were a few bumps in the road but for the most part it was a great group to be in and I looked forward to seeing everyone’s growth each month. Those of us that made it to the end have all been rewarded with a beautiful piece!

Congrats to @Scdell on the win! Your growth is impressive!

I feel so honored to be runner up! This is the first time I’ve ever participated in something like this and I really just did it for fun and had no real expectation of being in the top.

Thanks to Adam for sponsoring this contest and suggesting such a cool piece for us to grow out.

Also thanks to @BranchingHammer for running this contest. I know life got in the way for a while but it took a big person to come back and acknowledge it and still help finish what was started.

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to all the winners and to everyone who made it until the end of the contest! I think all of us learned something along the way, even if our Bonfire frags died. Great growth and an awesome group to be a part of for sure! Hope we can have another one in the future!

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Wow! This was awesome guys. Thanks a ton to everyone who participated and stuck it out to the end. These things are a marathon and half for sure. You guys really did this acro proud though. So glad to see this one run all the way through to the end with some incredible results.

I'll admit this one was really tough to judge. The top contenders were all really close and each colony had different, specifically outstanding features that really had me going back and forth. I had to closley examine all aspects of the final shot as closely as I could to determine the true winner based on actual growth, accounting for the size of the frag they started with. Again it was tough! But in the end there can only be one victor.

Screenshot 2019-10-16 12.35.06.png

And now for the moment of truth!

In glorious fashion, after all the smoke cleared and the proverbial dust has settled, It was @scdells Bonfire colony that clearly exhibited the most growth. Truly impressive! Congratulations!

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.31.36 PM.png

And, not too far behind at all, in second place, also taking one year's growth to another level. There are so many new growth tips on your piece it's truly outstanding. Huge congrats to @chopper320 !

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.33.19 PM.png

I also felt strongly that an honorable mention was very appropriate in regards to @Biggestfish. Excellent growth here as well. I am definitely going to send you a "swag" pack with some cool BC stuff in there.

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.36.44 PM.png

images-4.png

Here are your official winners of the 2021 BC Bonfire grow out contest

1st @Scdell
2nd @chopper320
3rd @Biggestfish

I will contact all of you tonight to arrange for the delivery of your prizes!

Thanks again to everyone who participated. Again, you guys did some serious justice to this spectacular Acro. And thanks again to @BranchingHammer for organizing and running this one. Really appreciate it!
Congratulations @Scdell , @chopper320 , @Biggestfish , Great Jon to you all

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.......I sincerely hope there will be more of these.
It's a good platform for people to judge their skills.
It's a good way for people to come together as hobbyists.
No one lost here. We all learned from this.
And it's a good way to get some Battlecorals in our tanks!
Win win!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back