We have some EXCITING news to share!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GOLDEN VALLEY, MN., Aquatic Sales Solutions, LLC (dba Bulk Reef Supply) or “BRS”, the eCommerce leader in saltwater aquarium supplies has acquired California-based Marine Depot.

The Marine Depot website will continue to operate fully, including taking customer orders, until July 30, 2021. At which time, the site will be folded into BRS with all website traffic being redirected to BRS (bulkreefsupply.com).

BRS is committed to ensuring Marine Depot customers are well supported during this transition. BRS will do so through the following initiatives:

• Honoring all Marine Depot gift cards at Bulk Reef Supply
  • Transferring of loyalty reward points to a BRS account
  • Honoring the Marine Depot return policy for orders placed prior to June 23, 2021 (all sales on or after June 23, 2021, at Marinedepot.com are final)
  • Assisting with warranty support for qualifying orders.
  • Maintaining the Marine Depot long-standing blog & YouTube channel, popular among aquarists worldwide.
  • Keeping a strict focus on providing quality saltwater aquarium equipment.
  • Continuing to stock & support popular brands like AquaMaxx.

Check out the Official Press Release for more information.

Falcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to a customer service agent but maybe you want to address your stance on the MD lifetime 15% off filters for RODI when purchasing from them. This won't be given going forward @Bulk Reef Supply ?

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to a customer service agent but maybe you want to address your stance on the MD lifetime 15% off filters for RODI when purchasing from them. This won't be given going forward @Bulk Reef Supply ?
I know this Marine Depot program was a big selling point for many reefers. We don't have a way of implementing this right away on the BRS side, but we are evaluating our options to do something for those Marine Depot RO/DI system owners. Stay tuned!

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess that answers what y’all were planning on doing with the cash infusion.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess that the recent (well done) video tour of the Minnesota warehouse/shipping center was the beginning of a strategy to consolidate and let us know "every little thing is going to be alright"

View Badges
I know this Marine Depot program was a big selling point for many reefers. We don't have a way of implementing this right away on the BRS side, but we are evaluating our options to do something for those Marine Depot RO/DI system owners. Stay tuned!
Hey BRS been trying to contact you about frag tanks,we need lowboy tanks 48x24x10 that's the best tank for frags but nobody seems to deliver them ,there great diy tanks also for sumps.Can you help with this ,help the community more with Frag tanks that are glass. I bet if you were to sell them they would be gone fast. I need 2 of them now but no one delivers them. Or better yet start building your own frag tanks and sell them to us.Thanks

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrat's are in order...

Firstly, congrat's to Ken Wong for building a garage company into a mega-company and congrat's to BRS for building an even bigger mega-company...

As a MD vendor, will be interesting to see what happens next.

Last edited:

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey BRS been trying to contact you about frag tanks,we need lowboy tanks 48x24x10 that's the best tank for frags but nobody seems to deliver them ,there great diy tanks also for sumps.Can you help with this ,help the community more with Frag tanks that are glass. I bet if you were to sell them they would be gone fast. I need 2 of them now but no one delivers them. Or better yet start building your own frag tanks and sell them to us.Thanks
Shipping cheap glass tanks of that size isn’t feasible. The shipping cost more than the tank. Ask your local reptile shop to order them for you or any fish store that buys from Central Pet.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hear you on that one! Those tanks make for fantastic frag systems. Unfortunately with the large 4' x 2' footprint (and how fragile glass tanks are), shipping is a problem. The cost of shipping would surely be more than the tank itself, so I'm not sure how much value we could provide the community by adding this product to our website. Like @Bouncingsoul39 mentioned, your local fish or even reptile store should be able to special order this for you. Just make sure you get the aquarium version if you go that route (not the version with the metal screen top).

View Badges
I hear you on that one! Those tanks make for fantastic frag systems. Unfortunately with the large 4' x 2' footprint (and how fragile glass tanks are), shipping is a problem. The cost of shipping would surely be more than the tank itself, so I'm not sure how much value we could provide the community by adding this product to our website. Like @Bouncingsoul39 mentioned, your local fish or even reptile store should be able to special order this for you. Just make sure you get the aquarium version if you go that route (not the version with the metal screen top).
My LFS is 2 hrs away..lol. I am disabled in a wheelchair can't drive no more and don't leave the house,that's why I need everything delivered to me.it's ok then Thanks for replying.

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats BRS team. A growing business is something to be proud of. I wanted to say that your livestream was excellent. The employees of an acquired company need to know they are valued and I think you did a classy and genuine job of pointing out the strengths and talents of the marine depot team.

one questions- there are some lines that marine depot carries that BRS does not. A few times I’ve needed to go to marine depot: for example Tunze 9001DC, Tunze 1073.008 silence. There are whole brands like Waterbox.
Just curious if you are expanding you offerings.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats BRS team. A growing business is something to be proud of. I wanted to say that your livestream was excellent. The employees of an acquired company need to know they are valued and I think you did a classy and genuine job of pointing out the strengths and talents of the marine depot team.

one questions- there are some lines that marine depot carries that BRS does not. A few times I’ve needed to go to marine depot: for example Tunze 9001DC, Tunze 1073.008 silence. There are whole brands like Waterbox.
Just curious if you are expanding you offerings.
We will absolutely be brining on some additional brands as we make this transition. The team is hard at work determining all of the products that we'll bring to the BRS website, so we don't have a full list quite yet. Soon! :)

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply I'm an idiot and bought the AF-RS170 Aquamaxx roller at the last on Marinedepot (price was so sexy) without realizing that I may be SOL on replacement fleece. Do you know if you'll continue to stock them or if theirs another brand that would fit? Or did I just get an expensive paperweight? Thanks!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply I'm an idiot and bought the AF-RS170 Aquamaxx roller at the last on Marinedepot (price was so sexy) without realizing that I may be SOL on replacement fleece. Do you know if you'll continue to stock them or if theirs another brand that would fit? Or did I just get an expensive paperweight? Thanks!

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this, just didn't know what if it was a place holder or if they would eventually come back into stock?
Any AquaMaxx product you see on the BRS website is something that we plan to carry. Now it's just a matter of getting all of the AquaMaxx products processed into our warehouse and ready for shipping.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back