Webcams are now supported on the GHL Connect app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sort of comment is perilously close to trolling. Calm down a little bit and just focus on being helpful. This is a friendly forum for the most part.

The information you linked to has already been tried as it's the first information that comes up with a search. The url command to set the stream type responds with the message that is supposed to confirm success but the stream cannot be retrieved.

It worked with the Neptune Apex and I wouldn't have thought it should be difficult for it to work with Profilux.
It is not trolling. I’m just pointing out that if it’s not listed in a ghl documentation then it is unfair to demand the feature to work.

can the stream be retrieved with vlc (or a web browser with the same url?)

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not trolling. I’m just pointing out that if it’s not listed in a ghl documentation then it is unfair to demand the feature to work.

can the stream be retrieved with vlc (or a web browser with the same url?)
Demand?

Why would GHL documentation list every camera that might work? It's not their job to do so but it would be good for the feature to work with a popular brand of webcam. It's unfair of me to expect a feature to work? Ok...

If you want to be helpful then could you just focus on doing that without the other stuff?

The stream does not get retrieved with a browser so those instructions do not appear to work with my webcam, despite the response in the browser indicating that the command to set the stream to MJPEG had worked.

LC8Sumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Demand?

Why would GHL documentation list every camera that might work? It's not their job to do so but it would be good for the feature to work with a popular brand of webcam. It's unfair of me to expect a feature to work? Ok...

If you want to be helpful then could you just focus on doing that without the other stuff?

The stream does not get retrieved with a browser so those instructions do not appear to work with my webcam, despite the response in the browser indicating that the command to set the stream to MJPEG had worked.

Okay, It will only work in ghl connect if you’re able to retrieve a http mjpeg stream out of it (test with browser or vlc). Until that is done there is not much to do with ghl and the whole webcam feature thing.
I see people having the same “issue” with R4 cams with apex fusion (the camera not able to put out an mjpeg stream), but perhaps the R4M is different. How did you get it to work with apex? Maybe that could give a clue

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The url to retrieve a snapshot works in a browser but the stream doesn't.

RTSP does work in VLC - rtsp://username:_password@url:_port/videoMain

That doesn't work in the GHL app and it would be nice if did.

JasonC80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get the Unifi G3 Flex working, looks like any camera that operates in the NVR should work. The required setup is a user, api access enabled and a key generated in unifi video. Then form the URL to address the camera from profilux like so

Looks like profilux and profilux cloud both use the provided url directly, meaning you need to use your public IP and port forward inbound to load the cameras if you're on the local network.

Screenshot_20200106-174056_GHL Connect.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried and was not able to get it to work with the NEST camera.

Canadianreefmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to set up a webcam for my GHL, Is there any word on which cameras work well, with good resolution? any "Walkthrough"? Maybe at least I can make a youtube video once I tear my hair out; and figure out how to set this up. lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back