Website Launching Soon!

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
It's been too long! We're finally putting the finishing touches on the website. It will be launched shortly followed by a week long sale!
Moving forward, we're offering flat rate shipping for all orders. I'd like to hear your input. Right now flat rate shipping will be $50 for domestic and $40 for CA residents. Is that reasonable? Too much? Let me know what you think!

- Blake Lewis

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 12.13.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 12.13.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 12.14.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 12.15.13 PM.png

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Free shipping always catches my attention... maybe at $ 249 or a reduced shipping around $ 24.99 for orders less than that. Not everyone can afford to spend $ 400 or $ 500 on every order to get free shipping. Healthy livestock, good customer service, refunds on DOA's not store credit, and lack of price gauging all around would have me be a repeat customer....bsa

Kal93

View Badges
Reaction score
Shipping sounds fair. I normally shop Live Aquaria's Diver's Den, so a WYSIWYG section and pre-quarantined (or aquarium conditioned) fish would be preferred.

Chad Sepulvado

View Badges
Reaction score
I can get divers den aquatic life wysiwyg that’s been quarantined for a month and the shipping is free over 179... if you want my business, it would have to be comparable. Just being honest. I won’t pay $50 shipping, mainly because when I order, I don’t order under a few hundred dollars, it should be free or almost free after 250 imo

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
I can get divers den aquatic life wysiwyg that’s been quarantined for a month and the shipping is free over 179... if you want my business, it would have to be comparable. Just being honest. I won’t pay $50 shipping, mainly because when I order, I don’t order under a few hundred dollars, it should be free or almost free after 250 imo
I think you're giving DD way too much credit. The idea of free shipping is nice but companies don't just eat those costs, they are built in to the cost of the fish. The majority of my fish have come from DD but there is value in working directly with a small vendor who can seek out what you want. Free shipping would be a plus at certain price point but I think a flat rate 50 is a good starting point. Especially if you can get a batch together.

Chad Sepulvado

View Badges
Reaction score
Their prices are comparable across the board, im not an advocate for LA, they’ve ****** me off before, but, they are as reliable as fish get. And a 14 day guarantee... Gem tangs are 900 there and on let’s for example give blue zoo, they are 1300 with a 7 day guarantee. Scribbled angels on a sponsor site today were 300, and the one on divers den was 400. But it’s been quarantined and the shipping is free, with a 14 day guarantee. I’m not saying do what they do, I’m just saying I consider the likelyhood of a fish living is a big factor, because a credit for a dead fish never includes the shipping for a replacement.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Free shipping always catches my attention... maybe at $ 249 or a reduced shipping around $ 24.99 for orders less than that. Not everyone can afford to spend $ 400 or $ 500 on every order to get free shipping. Healthy livestock, good customer service, refunds on DOA's not store credit, and lack of price gauging all around would have me be a repeat customer....bsa
I wish I could offer free shipping at a lower price, but my quantity of shipments doesn't allot for large discounts with fedex yet. Once I start shipping more packages, the shipping prices will go down. Thanks for the tip on store credit! I've actually been offering both.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
It's true that live aquaria does a great job and has amazing deals on shipping... They hide the cost of shipping in the prices of the fish. I also can't compete with their ridiculous volume discounts for shipping labels. However, for what I lack in shipping costs, I make up for in customer service and prices of fish. My prices are 10-20% lower than divers den at least and you can text me day or night. I do what I can.

Is Reef Conservation/Stewardship a factor in your hobby decisions? (private poll)

• Very Important

Votes: 207 53.8%
  • Somewhat Imporatant

Votes: 128 33.2%
  • Not Too Important

Votes: 36 9.4%
  • Not Important At All

Votes: 14 3.6%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Use pumps from different brands TOGETHER!