Weird Markings on Purple Tang

Skyfyre22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am mostly through my 14 day quarantine before tank transfer of my purple tang and he’s got a couple of spots that have me concerned. He’s in with another tang but separated by egg crate so no chance of aggression.

He’s on day 10 of cupramine. I know he’s showing signs of lateral line disease and I’m fighting that. My major concern are these two white dots/things that are attached to his top fin. He’s camera shy so I apologize for the quality but it almost looks like it’s hanging off him, it looks too large to be ick. He’s flashing occasionally but otherwise appears unbothered and is eating fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

2A5A9138-5FDC-4C54-9AF6-E9F5E5961231.jpeg 5D70D05E-008C-4582-A8B8-EB4D1F44463C.jpeg C7DCBD1B-3A4E-440E-9DC9-292F1B503B7F.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those spots could by Lymphocystis, but they are a bit lower on the fin than I usually see. If it is, then no worries, as this is a self-limiting viral disease and will go away in 6+ Weeks.
Just to add, I don’t think a 14 day quarantine is long enough. You should consider a 2 week prazipro treatment for flukes.
Jay

OP
OP
S

Skyfyre22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those spots could by Lymphocystis, but they are a bit lower on the fin than I usually see. If it is, then no worries, as this is a self-limiting viral disease and will go away in 6+ Weeks.
Just to add, I don’t think a 14 day quarantine is long enough. You should consider a 2 week prazipro treatment for flukes.
Jay
Good idea! I don’t know why I didn’t think of that, thank you!

In regards to the quarantine time, that’s why I’m doing a tank transfer. I’m fighting ammonia with this tank (not helped by the copper) and I’m moving him to a cycled tank in which I can run prazi. I appreciate your thoughts and help!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back