Weird Small Insects

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone. so, as some people know, I recently put a couple of softies in my tank. these are my first coral, and I dipped them in coralrx before putting them in my tank. I have also been adding assorted snails and a cleaner shrimp to the tank. this morning I was showing my wife something with a flashlight before the tank lights came on and I saw small white bug like things that seem to be about 5cm long and have a significant (read 8 or greater) number of legs. there seems to be only one body segment. I got the best pictures and videos I could but I know those aren't much help. they seem to be sticking to the island with the green star polyp on it, as far as I can tell. all the coral seem to be behaving fine, other than one of the zoas didn't seem to close up last night (although, may have just opened back up from my flashlight before I noticed, he closed earlier today when I fed the shrimp and a piece flew by him, so he's probably okay). does anyone know what these might be, or if them might be harmful? if they are is there something I need to do about them? I will add that my tank is fallow at the moment and must remain that way for the next couple of weeks, so if these are pods, I will put in a wrasse when I can. may go ahead and get one and start his QT if they are something that need to be dealt with using a fish.

IMG_2609.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2607.mov
    3.7 MB

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back