Welcome Big Blue Reef Club Members

Discussion in 'Big Blue Reef' started by mdbannister, Oct 29, 2017.

1. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Hi to all of you from the Big Blue Reef Club! R2R is happy to host you guys and provide you with your own local reef club forum! Please come in and take a look around. This forum is new, but we hope it won't be long before you guys fill it with all kinds of exciting content for your local club. At R2R, we love local clubs, and we are for you guys!

If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to reach out to us. Team R2R is happy to help in any way that we can.

Daniel
    Team R2R

Milktooth, meldu512, Robsk and 2 others like this.
    Tags:

2. meldu512

meldu512 Member

Durward here from Big Blue Reef Club. We are happy to be associated with R2R and the national exposure you are creating for Local Reef Clubs across the nation! We are also excited to have broader access to so many great Reefers across the country. Sometimes it seems the hardest part of joining a fish club is just finding one, and you have made that much easier, Thank you.

Big Blue Reef Club is Central Kentucky's premier salt water fish club with tools members can check out to make their reefing experience easier, lots of advice, and when needed, a helping hand. I know this from first hand experience. When my reef tank cracked at 10:30 pm on a Sunday night I knew it was a goner, and I thought my wet pets were goners too. Temporarily housed in Styrofoam boxes, I put out a distress call and within 24 hours everyone was rehomed safe and sound.

We invite everyone to visit us via Facebook, our website, or in person. We have monthly meetings and are planning some great club activities. We are reviewing our 4th frag swap which we concluded on Oct 22, and we're putting plans in place for our 5th in 2018. From the feed back we received, 2018 promises to be bigger and better than ever! Check our website frequently for updated meeting places and activities.

3. Bradw18

Bradw18 Active Member

Where abouts in central ky? Iv been looking for a club to join. I'm in Henderson ky and don't know anybody to swap frags with

4. meldu512

meldu512 Member

We usually meet in Lexington Kentucky. We have members in Georgetown, Richmond, Paris , Cynthiana and other areas on central Kentucky. Check out our web site or Facebook page.

jilnifer likes this.
  5. Bradw18

Bradw18 Active Member

I don't have facebook what's the website

6. meldu512

meldu512 Member

Xenforo.bigbluereef.com

7. meldu512

meldu512 Member

Or you can google it.

8. jilnifer

jilnifer Member

I'm so excited to be on R2R! I also look forward to meeting many new friends.

I've had a crazy day with my tank today. I routine water change turned into many bumps in the road. First, I found my missing clown fish in the overflow. I also found my ywg but he had not faired as well as the clown. Then, my sump overflowed. Whew! It has been a day.

On to another topic, a friend and I recently tried our hand at fragging and setup a frag tank. Unfortunately, we lost many of the new cut frags and had to move everything back to my tank in order to not lose all of them. We started the frag tank with a seeded sponge and seeded rocks from my tank's sump. What did we miss?

9. kbderolf

kbderolf Member

If it helps, our next club meeting is on Nov. 20 at 5:50 at Saul Good at Hamburg Center - right off I-75. We would love to see you there (and yes, I realize that is a drive).

10. billw

billw Acroholic in Training R2R Supporter Big Blue Reef Member Partner Member 2018

Or just plain ole www.bigbluereef.com and you will be redirected. :)

NOTE: that I split off the topic of calcium levels into it's seperate thread in the spirit of 1 topic per thread and to facilitate searching in the future.

crashegordon likes this.
  11. crashegordon

crashegordon Member

Awesome!!!

12. Jl330

Jl330 Well-Known Member

I'm in Owensboro and I'm up for buying selling and trading frags.

pelphrey likes this.
  13. pelphrey

pelphrey Valuable Member R2R Supporter Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

I forgot to pay my BBR dues this year, been on the forum for awhile. I’m also in Owensboro.

Jl330 and billw like this.
  14. Jl330

Jl330 Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not alone in this town.

15. kbderolf

kbderolf Member

September meeting - at the "new" location for Petropolis

September 8, 2018
    3-5 p.m.
    Kroger Shopping Center - 1296 Anderson Crossing Drive
    Lawrenceburg, KY (502) 598-9551

Seann at Petropolis has offered to host the September club meeting. He has over 1500 gallons of Saltwater displays including a 300 gallon reef system.

Awesome offers:
    • Going to offer 20% off any purchase to those who show up.
    • A drawing for $20 off any livestock.
    • A drawing for a coral priced at $40 or less.
    We look forward to seeing everyone at meeting - lots of info about the October Frag Swap (it is coming up fast!) and discussions about what we are planning with the club...please come join us at the store!

pelphrey likes this.
  16. kbderolf

kbderolf Member

Draft saved Draft deleted