Welcome Big Blue Reef Club Members

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi to all of you from the Big Blue Reef Club! R2R is happy to host you guys and provide you with your own local reef club forum! Please come in and take a look around. This forum is new, but we hope it won't be long before you guys fill it with all kinds of exciting content for your local club. At R2R, we love local clubs, and we are for you guys!

If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to reach out to us. Team R2R is happy to help in any way that we can.

Daniel
Team R2R

meldu512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Durward here from Big Blue Reef Club. We are happy to be associated with R2R and the national exposure you are creating for Local Reef Clubs across the nation! We are also excited to have broader access to so many great Reefers across the country. Sometimes it seems the hardest part of joining a fish club is just finding one, and you have made that much easier, Thank you.

Big Blue Reef Club is Central Kentucky's premier salt water fish club with tools members can check out to make their reefing experience easier, lots of advice, and when needed, a helping hand. I know this from first hand experience. When my reef tank cracked at 10:30 pm on a Sunday night I knew it was a goner, and I thought my wet pets were goners too. Temporarily housed in Styrofoam boxes, I put out a distress call and within 24 hours everyone was rehomed safe and sound.

We invite everyone to visit us via Facebook, our website, or in person. We have monthly meetings and are planning some great club activities. We are reviewing our 4th frag swap which we concluded on Oct 22, and we're putting plans in place for our 5th in 2018. From the feed back we received, 2018 promises to be bigger and better than ever! Check our website frequently for updated meeting places and activities.

Bradw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where abouts in central ky? Iv been looking for a club to join. I'm in Henderson ky and don't know anybody to swap frags with

meldu512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We usually meet in Lexington Kentucky. We have members in Georgetown, Richmond, Paris , Cynthiana and other areas on central Kentucky. Check out our web site or Facebook page.

jilnifer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so excited to be on R2R! I also look forward to meeting many new friends.

I've had a crazy day with my tank today. I routine water change turned into many bumps in the road. First, I found my missing clown fish in the overflow. I also found my ywg but he had not faired as well as the clown. Then, my sump overflowed. Whew! It has been a day.

On to another topic, a friend and I recently tried our hand at fragging and setup a frag tank. Unfortunately, we lost many of the new cut frags and had to move everything back to my tank in order to not lose all of them. We started the frag tank with a seeded sponge and seeded rocks from my tank's sump. What did we miss?

kbderolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where abouts in central ky? Iv been looking for a club to join. I'm in Henderson ky and don't know anybody to swap frags with
If it helps, our next club meeting is on Nov. 20 at 5:50 at Saul Good at Hamburg Center - right off I-75. We would love to see you there (and yes, I realize that is a drive).

Jl330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Owensboro and I'm up for buying selling and trading frags.

kbderolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
September meeting - at the "new" location for Petropolis

September 8, 2018
3-5 p.m.
Kroger Shopping Center - 1296 Anderson Crossing Drive
Lawrenceburg, KY (502) 598-9551

Seann at Petropolis has offered to host the September club meeting. He has over 1500 gallons of Saltwater displays including a 300 gallon reef system.

Awesome offers:
  • Going to offer 20% off any purchase to those who show up.
  • A drawing for $20 off any livestock.
  • A drawing for a coral priced at $40 or less.
We look forward to seeing everyone at meeting - lots of info about the October Frag Swap (it is coming up fast!) and discussions about what we are planning with the club...please come join us at the store!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back