Welcome my new Apolemichthys kingi

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Mike at BayBridgeAquarium for sourcing this for me. I now have an amazing centerpiece for my 400g. It is currently in QT getting CP. Video is of it eating. It gets it's own tank of course. The other tank is a small portion of my Tang stock that will also be coming in in a few weeks.

Don't ask me the price. I'm ashamed of my addiction. ;Dead

IMG_20210415_215551.jpg IMG_20210415_215530.jpg IMG_20210416_184848.jpg IMG_20210416_184838.jpg

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking it was swimming funny until I reread that it was feeding in the video. Interesting fish, worth more than you paid, I am guessing :)

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking it was swimming funny until I reread that it was feeding in the video. Interesting fish, worth more than you paid, I am guessing :)

I sure hope so! I mean all the fish are worth more to me than what I paid. I was trying to source a Goldflake which is hard to find right now, but then this popped up and Mike contacted me. Budget thrown out the window at this point, lol.

I like to pair or trio all my fish off if possible. Pairing this one off is going to make a serious dent.

I also have an orange belly regal with Mike that is recovering from Uronema. He has been working on a treatment method after they have the open wounds and the method has been promising.

Lastly, he has a Flagfin available that I'm debating on going with but I'm not sure if it would do well in a tank like this with so many voracious eaters.

I'm building a negative space aquascape and trying to give hiding places to everyone.

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is a pair of Captive Bred Goldflakes from Bali Aquarich once I upgrade to a 200-220 tank. I live in China and here they go for maybe about 140-150 US per specimen.
I can only dream at that price here. It's easier to source from Madagascar right now than it is from Christmas Island.

If you can send me two, lol

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I would if I knew how!

How come Christmas Island is harder to source from than Madagascar?
I've noticed when trying to source fish here they have "seasons" as well. Some places have limited collecting at different times of the year. Other places are in their Winter months. Their are also certain times of the year where shipping routes can carry certain things.

A couple months ago you could buy certain fish and Diver's Den would have 10 of them a week for 3-4 months, and then non existent for the next 8.

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will end up having him in about 2-3 weeks. I have a culture of white worms I'm working on which should be nice for all the fish in the system.

What else is everyone feeding Angels? Personally I'm more of a live/frozen food fan than I am of pellets. I do quarantine everything so I like to load my fish's gut health back up as best I can.

I will probably feed some of the frozen sponge foods.

I have the opportunity for the Flagfin but I'm under the impression that they really need to eat corals to do well long term. I wonder if I can get these guys to nip on some calcium carbonate blocks with peas and carrots in them or something.

Any ideas?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back