Welcome to our newest forum sponsor ReefWeeds: Reef-Inspired Art!

Discussion in '@ReefWeeds: Reef-Inspired Art' started by revhtree, May 15, 2018.

1. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I would like to take a moment and welcome ReefWeeds as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community! We are very happy and thankful to have you as a supporter of our reefing family!

Please take a moment to learn about them and to enjoy the beautiful reef art they create!

Untitled-5.jpg

About Rachel of ReefWeeds

Art has always a passion for me - I have been painting for 30+ years. I am drawn to light, water, and reflections. My painting style is somewhere between realism and impressionism, and can lean one way or the other depending on my mood. I started in watercolors, then added acrylics and found a true passion with oils. However, I've now found an addiction to UV paint.

I have another passion: I truly enjoy the beauty, challenge and addiction associated with keeping a reef tank. I find joy in everything from goofy hermit crabs to beautiful coral. Earlier this year, I had five running reef tanks. With life being busy, I realized consolidating to one tank was important - so I got a 150 gallon tank, set it up and you can see progress under the Picasso Build page!

I’ve always been one to experiment with different painting styles and materials, so in early 2017 I set out to blend my passion for painting with my passion for coral reefs by creating reef-inspired art. I use primary acrylic paint and then strategically place highlights with UV-reactive paint to replicate the beautiful and awe-inspiring fluorescence corals give out under actinic lighting.

I reside in Norwich, Connecticut with my husband, Jeff, our two Standard Poodles (Franklin and Iko), our Bichon (Stella), our cat, McGannihan and a school of fish. Want to know more? Have questions? Want to say hi? Shoot me an email.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to R2R

3. mahindra.dev

mahindra.dev Euphyllia Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to R2R

Nice name and beautiful art. I will order from your website #reefweeds

4. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Her work is even better in person IMO! :p

5. vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081 Well known Member R2R Supporter

A Sincere welcome to you. Would love to see some of your work !

6. ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor R2R Supporter CTARS Member Gold Sponsor Build Thread Contributor

@revhtree thank you!!! I can’t even tell you how excited I am for this!! And I tend to agree about the in-person. Like corals, I find it hard to take good photos!

This made my day!

7. ReefWeeds

ReefWeeds Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor R2R Supporter CTARS Member Gold Sponsor Build Thread Contributor

Thank you all - what an awesome welcome!!

Lovemyreef2015 and DSC reef like this.
  8. JerSaint

JerSaint Valuable Member R2R Supporter CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor

Amazing!!! I can’t get enough of your art!! This art will bring your display to the next level! Check out the pic I got at World Wide Corals, they had a ton more of Rachel’s work! [​IMG]

9. ReefWeeds

Thanks @JerSaint ❤️❤️

kschweer and mahindra.dev like this.
  10. MarineDepot

MarineDepot Proud Sponsor R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor Article Contributor

11. Confuse

Confuse Active Member

@ReefWeeds Welcome aboard! I love your work! When will you have prints available?

And have you ever considered adapting your current works to phone wallpapers? It would be a sight to see considering the fancy LCD/OLED screens we have on our phones now!

12. ReefWeeds

I've been doing some work with digital art and am hoping to have screensavers and wallpaper available in the future! And thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate it.

Prints are in the works!

DSC reef likes this.
  13. Sabellafella

Sabellafella Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

14. ReefWeeds

Ooo! Good idea! And thank you! Looking forward to seeing you at Rap!

DSC reef, kschweer and Sabellafella like this.
  15. Sabellafella

Sabellafella Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Can't come soon enuff, can barely wait!

16. reef lover

reef lover It's a reef thing.... R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Cool!! Welcome!!

17. ReefWeeds

Thank you!!!

kschweer likes this.
  18. ReefWeeds

I've decided to do a Reef2Reef Special through the end of the month! 25% off paintings at www.reefweeds.com! Prices include shipping! Click here and at check out enter REEF2REEF for your 25% discount!

Here are some photos of work that is up for sale right now.
    IMG_2454.JPG IMG_1966.jpg IMG_7263 2.JPG IMG_3960 2.JPG

19. mta_morrow

mta_morrow It costs HOW much?!!! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to R2R!

Beautiful work!

We have been looking for the “right” piece of art for wall in our tank room.

May have just found it!

20. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Awesome!! Welcome to R2R!!