Welcome to our newest forum sponsor ReefWeeds: Reef-Inspired Art!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to take a moment and welcome ReefWeeds as the newest sponsor of the Reef2Reef community! We are very happy and thankful to have you as a supporter of our reefing family!

Please take a moment to learn about them and to enjoy the beautiful reef art they create!

Untitled-5.jpg

About Rachel of ReefWeeds

Art has always a passion for me - I have been painting for 30+ years. I am drawn to light, water, and reflections. My painting style is somewhere between realism and impressionism, and can lean one way or the other depending on my mood. I started in watercolors, then added acrylics and found a true passion with oils. However, I've now found an addiction to UV paint.

I have another passion: I truly enjoy the beauty, challenge and addiction associated with keeping a reef tank. I find joy in everything from goofy hermit crabs to beautiful coral. Earlier this year, I had five running reef tanks. With life being busy, I realized consolidating to one tank was important - so I got a 150 gallon tank, set it up and you can see progress under the Picasso Build page!

I’ve always been one to experiment with different painting styles and materials, so in early 2017 I set out to blend my passion for painting with my passion for coral reefs by creating reef-inspired art. I use primary acrylic paint and then strategically place highlights with UV-reactive paint to replicate the beautiful and awe-inspiring fluorescence corals give out under actinic lighting.

I reside in Norwich, Connecticut with my husband, Jeff, our two Standard Poodles (Franklin and Iko), our Bichon (Stella), our cat, McGannihan and a school of fish. Want to know more? Have questions? Want to say hi? Shoot me an email.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Her work is even better in person IMO! :p

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A Sincere welcome to you. Would love to see some of your work !

ReefWeeds

Artist, Coral Hoarder and Proud Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her work is even better in person IMO! :p

@revhtree thank you!!! I can’t even tell you how excited I am for this!! And I tend to agree about the in-person. Like corals, I find it hard to take good photos!

This made my day!

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefWeeds Welcome aboard! I love your work! When will you have prints available?

And have you ever considered adapting your current works to phone wallpapers? It would be a sight to see considering the fancy LCD/OLED screens we have on our phones now!
I've been doing some work with digital art and am hoping to have screensavers and wallpaper available in the future! And thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate it.

Prints are in the works!

ReefWeeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to do a Reef2Reef Special through the end of the month! 25% off paintings at www.reefweeds.com! Prices include shipping! Click here and at check out enter REEF2REEF for your 25% discount!

Here are some photos of work that is up for sale right now.
IMG_2454.JPG IMG_1966.jpg IMG_7263 2.JPG IMG_3960 2.JPG

Back