Welcome To SB Co-Op

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering starting a small coral+fish+ equipment "LFS". This would not be a storefront (too expensive), but I would figure out how to get coral and livestock to locals. We are going to do mostly shipping to CA. We should (If all goes well) have our first batch of fish and coral in in by the end of this year, which hopes to operate 1-2 8x2x1 frag trays, and maybe one separate fish system. This will not be a buy/sell, but rather we will buy coral and then grow it out instead of buying certain coral with the intentions to just sell it as we received it.

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering starting a small coral+fish+ equipment "LFS". This would not be a storefront (too expensive), but I would figure out how to get coral and livestock to locals. We are going to do mostly shipping to CA. We should (If all goes well) have our first batch of fish and coral in in by the end of this year, which hopes to operate 1-2 8x2x1 frag trays, and maybe one separate fish system. This will not be a buy/sell, but rather we will buy coral and then grow it out instead of buying certain coral with the intentions to just sell it as we received it.
I would love to help you out with whatever you need! Seriously, anything from manual labor to website work I am in. I have a bs in graphic design, working on a masters in innovation & entrepreneurship, have successfully ran some businesses and am pretty handy with some tools so whatever you need please reach out!

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to help you out with whatever you need! Seriously, anything from manual labor to website work I am in. I have a crap in graphic design, working on a masters in innovation & entrepreneurship, have successfully ran some businesses and am pretty handy with some tools so whatever you need please reach out!
Thank you! I am working with my high school and our headmaster, who has extensive background in economics and business. We will need some help with graphic design for a website, and we might end up building our own tanks.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s awesome! I’m here to help as well. I have access to wholesalers in LA and a few of the big online distributors.

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome! I’m here to help as well. I have access to wholesalers in LA and a few of the big online distributors.
So we are up and running. So far we only have coral. 4’x2’ grow out tanks.

ChrisKSB

King of GHA Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to the SB Co-Op! We are all glad to have you here! Please message a Mod if you have any questions (MSB123) Anyone is welcome to post and discuss anything. And always, Happy reefing!

Hey there, is this group active? Do y'all talk/meet/buy/sell/trade??? I'm between Turnpike and 154...sent an invite request!

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Always down to talk/buy/sell/trade! Out by the polo fields but do some work in Goleta

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are trying to be more active! I’m a student so studies come first. Sorry if I take a while to respond. You can always text at 8056991270 if you need anything.

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some shots of my 7.5! I love to cook amongst other things and wanted a tank in the kitchen to look at while I am waiting for things things to get done so waala! My little mushroom treasure cove featuring dolce my mocha long fin.
It’s only 3 months old, but already seeing some solid growth.
The box next to it is a power strip cord organizer and I got some cool little plants in cowboy coffee cups to really camouflage all of the cords.
Can’t think of the brand of the tank of the top of my head right now but it’s a great little 2.5 chamber 7.5 gallon AIO peninsula.
Running the new AI Prime and a ten dollar power head I got on Amazon. (TBH I have the last gen AI prime on my other tank and the fan is noticeably loader on this new one, but still really quite)
1 gallon change every week, little mag and calcium (20ppm and 8ppm) with it to try and get the birds nest to take off.
Tuxedo, 2 trochas, 2 nacreous, 3 sexy shrimp, strawberry conch and mangrove
Nitrate 5ppm Alk 10 mag 1400 Calc 440
Been a fun build!
If anyone has some super cool shrooms in the group let me know!

4DA565F2-4752-4F29-9BC3-13B2C28095AA.jpeg 5D4B0D25-15BB-4D41-927A-79804344B1A8.jpeg F6508D24-E8A4-46EA-8FE4-79A5FBD28D64.jpeg
Will post some photos of my 20 as well pretty soon, that tank is really tanking off! RBTA looking good

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can we join the SB Reef Co-op? In Thousand Oaks and would love to connect with local reefers!

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe MSB123 is the moderator so he has got to make it official, but anyway, Nice to meet you, I am Ryan!! How’s the reef?? What kind of coral are you into??

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe MSB123 is the moderator so he has got to make it official, but anyway, Nice to meet you, I am Ryan!! How’s the reef?? What kind of coral are you into??
Thanks - I seem to be unable to PM him - will try again at a later time.

Reef is cycling and stabilizing by the week/day! I've always been a big fan of SPS and LPS style tanks. Thanks for asking, it's a pleasure to meet ya!

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - I seem to be unable to PM him - will try again at a later time.

Reef is cycling and stabilizing by the week/day! I've always been a big fan of SPS and LPS style tanks. Thanks for asking, it's a pleasure to meet ya!

Sweet! Ya I don't know what is up with his account. Excited to see your build come along.

kkircher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Your new build looks awesome!
Thanks for the kind words. I need to update, as it is a bit old. I have been buying frags like crazy....it is a pure addiction....haha.

I just wish we had a local store. I have to re-home a very awesome Emperor Angel...he just got a little to hungry around some of my corals. It is a little daunting to sell online, so wish I could trade in or find a local person interested.

Andrews_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah thats a shame, Yeah for fish its really hard, only options are Ventura, SLO, or LA. But for frags you can't go wrong with Triton Corals. His SPS are incredible and he has some LPS also but specializing in SPS.

Heres his insta:

Web:

Shoot Henson a DM if you want to schedule a time to go to his store.

kkircher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah thats a shame, Yeah for fish its really hard, only options are Ventura, SLO, or LA. But for frags you can't go wrong with Triton Corals. His SPS are incredible and he has some LPS also but specializing in SPS.

Heres his insta:

Web:

Shoot Henson a DM if you want to schedule a time to go to his store.
I actually emailed with him last week. Hope to check it out soon.

Back