Welcome to start of my 25 gallon rimless cube build!

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ladies and gents here it is!!! the start of my 25 gallon rimless cube build! Equipped with a 16 gallon rimless glass refugium, Kessil A16o Tuna blue, and PF nano overflow-box (NOT ATTACHED YET) . Welcome to the bare bones stage, really excited to build this and announce this tank!
nano.jpg

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a great start, can't wait to see it full of goodies..

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update as of 9/11/6 nano build is coming along nicely for those of you who are following! tank is set up plumed and operational! refugium and skimmer are working as well as the overflow, 1 1/2 inch crushed coral bed with a few pieces of Fiji red rock! tank is looking really great and parameters are spot on!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank1.jpg
Found a great spot in the house! worked out perfectly and looks great, very pleased with the outcome.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sorry for the lack of posts in a while EXCITING things happening in the tank now, life gets a little crazy and finally found some time to give you some updates! for starters I have a Stunning pair of Onyx Clownfish that are just beautiful!!!! glad I waited to let the tank cycle. I added some corals from my 75 gallon and they are loving the KESSIL :) The tank went through a couple of mini cycles at least that is what i'
clowns.jpg
cycled tank.jpg
leather.jpg
mushroom.jpg
red mushroom.jpg
toadstool.jpg
m going to call it for now but nothing to crazy. At first the corals were very ticked off about their new home that I placed them into :mad: but after about a week and a half they seemed to snap right out of it! turns out my salinity was 1.028 :eek: way way to high for me! after dropping that down to 1.024 everything improved quite tremendously the fish behavior before was very lethargic to now its almost impossible to get a solid picture of the little boogers. But after much effort I prevailed. All in all parameters are looking spot on had to do quite a bit of buffering to stabilize the ph but what can you expect for such a young tank currently sitting pretty at 8.3 :rolleyes: enjoy the pics!!!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys sorry for the lack of posts in a while EXCITING things happening in the tank now, life gets a little crazy and finally found some time to give you some updates! for starters I have a Stunning pair of Onyx Clownfish that are just beautiful!!!! glad I waited to let the tank cycle. I added some corals from my 75 gallon and they are loving the KESSIL :) The tank went through a couple of mini cycles at least that is what i'm going to call it for now but nothing to crazy. At first the corals were very ****** off about their new home that I placed them into :mad: but after about a week and a half they seemed to snap right out of it! turns out my salinity was 1.028 :eek: way way to high for me! after dropping that down to 1.024 everything improved quite tremendously the fish behavior before was very lethargic to now its almost impossible to get a solid picture of the little boogers. But after much effort I prevailed. All in all parameters are looking spot on had to do quite a bit of buffering to stabilize the ph but what can you expect for such a young tank currently sitting pretty at 8.3 :rolleyes: enjoy the pics!!!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy a lot has changed with thisbuild unfortunately I landed myself in the hospital for 9 days let's start there, this lead to the tear down of my build however I did not fully tear it down. I did leave it running without livestock for a couple months.

Initially I thought I was going to sell it as my health decided to continue not to cooperate, but glad I came to the conclusion not to sell it. Thinking how to do it better here we are back in good health and at it again! I've made some significant changes to this build. I have added a phosphate and carbon reactor. I have upgraded the old skimmer which was a JBJSK 45,
[the skimmer burnt up on me in five months]
I am now going with the icecap DC 50 for this reason.

Continuing on I'm also adding an auto top off to control salinity swings and to avoid the constant hustle and bustle of doing it myself, this will also be paired with a 20gallon holding tank which I will be dosing with a marine buffer told hold the Ph stable.

And last but not lease I am adding a kessil controller and wave maker. For those of you following I have been able to restock this aquarium with some Great livestock and will introduce you to them with pictures below! Thanks to Craigslist and my 75 build I officially have the tank up and running with everything being happy and healthy! Here's to another year!

IMG_5841.JPG

IMG_5839.JPG

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back