Well... I bought Berghia Nudibranchs...

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had great success with these. When they arrived I gently sucked them up with a turkey baster from the cup that they arrived in, and very gently placed a couple near some of the larger aiptasia I had. Within 10 minutes a couple of them were attacking and eating aiptasia. After a few weeks no aiptasia. After a couple months I did not see any Berghia anywhere, and thought they died off, but every now and again I will see one crawling on the glass. They have grown 3x in size.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting desperate. If this doesn’t work in a month I’m using aiptasia X

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting desperate. If this doesn’t work in a month I’m using aiptasia X
Aip x and f-aiptasia will only spread them more. Trust me. Just keep them away from your frags, and the berghias will take care of it. Sit back and relax.

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read about your wrasse and emerald crab..I would be worried about them going after the nudibranches. Maybe you can sump/relocate them temporarily. As long as your flow is not too strong, and you have no nudibranch predators in the tank, I think there is a good chance that they will take care of your aiptasia in time.

Last edited:

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read about your wrasse and emerald crab..I would be worried about them going after the nudibranches. Maybe you can sump/relocate them temporarily. As long as your flow is not too strong, and you have no nudibranch predators in the tank, I think there is a good chance that they will take care of your aiptasia in time.

Will a skunk cleaner go after them?

FishyDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the reef town website, and scroll down the first page, there is a list of berghia predators. This is where I bought mine from, and they did a great job taking care of my aiptasia. I did not see skunk cleaners on the list. Lots of other good info on them on the site.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aip x and f-aiptasia will only spread them more. Trust me. Just keep them away from your frags, and the berghias will take care of it. Sit back and relax.
Some are on my frags:(

I’m really worried they might have been eaten but I’m being hopeful

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some are on my frags:(

I’m really worried they might have been eaten but I’m being hopeful

Berghias only eat aiptasia. Or they starve. Dont worry about it. Nudibranches are almost all predators of 1 single food source. Berghias food source is aiptasia. Nothing else. Period.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghias only eat aiptasia. Or they starve. Dont worry about it. Nudibranches are almost all predators of 1 single food source. Berghias food source is aiptasia. Nothing else. Period.
No no I’m worried they’ve been eaten by something in my tank

Shawn Blevins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got berghias from Reeftown around 3 months ago. Only got 6 Bought a 180g tank with around 250-300 lbs of live rock. Rock was covered in Aiptasia could count ten in a couple square inches. Had some of the rock curing in 55g barrel and 75g tank with no aggressive fish. Down 2 about 10 Aiptasia should be gone after this week. I believe your six line ate your berghias. Didn’t notice in change till around 2nd months and next day aptasia started disappearing.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got berghias from Reeftown around 3 months ago. Only got 6 Bought a 180g tank with around 250-300 lbs of live rock. Rock was covered in Aiptasia could count ten in a couple square inches. Had some of the rock curing in 55g barrel and 75g tank with no aggressive fish. Down 2 about 10 Aiptasia should be gone after this week. I believe your six line ate your berghias. Didn’t notice in change till around 2nd months and next day aptasia started disappearing.
When I introduced them to the tank the lights were off and the wrasse wasn’t hiding here extremely shy. Not even remotely aggressive to any of the other fish

databox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be patient. They are there. I put 6 in a 65 gallon. Didn’t see them or notice any difference for a couple of months. Then slowly less and less Aiptasia. Once they had thinned them out that’s when I’d see them roaming around after the lights went out. On the hunt. I went about a year with no visible Aiptasia. I’m assuming the Nudi’s starved. Just noticed one Aiptasia on a rock. Must have come in on a frag.

Shawn Blevins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I introduced them to the tank the lights were off and the wrasse wasn’t hiding here extremely shy. Not even remotely aggressive to any of the other fish
All the wrasses I have were purchased to eat pest. And nudibranchs are some of their favorite food. Had monti eating nudibranchs which look very similar to berghias. My lemon wrasse and a couple months of dipping montis took care of the problem.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the wrasses I have were purchased to eat pest. And nudibranchs are some of their favorite food. Had monti eating nudibranchs which look very similar to berghias. My lemon wrasse and a couple months of dipping montis took care of the problem.
Honestly don’t think they were eaten

JasPR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question: do these berghai also eat rock flower anemone? or any other species of anemone or are they Aiptasia specific feeders?

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I have a nice frag or coral getting hurt after I've recently added Nudi's, I just take the coral out and use a scalpel to cut/remove the aptasia. Usually we would worry this will only spread the aptasia but trust your little nudi's, the'll find any new ones first. This prevent any more damage to your existing corals TODAY! Get out the knife bud

Last edited:

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only been a little over a week, right? Nowhere near enough time to see an effect. That said, it is possible that the sixline ate them all.

Before you go the aiptasia route, a filefish would be me next try. Unless this has already been shot down for some reason?

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only been a little over a week, right? Nowhere near enough time to see an effect. That said, it is possible that the sixline ate them all.

Before you go the aiptasia route, a filefish would be me next try. Unless this has already been shot down for some reason?
filefish wont work well in a 40g cube.

i really dont think they were eaten given they have alternate sleep cycles.

Back