Well... I bought Berghia Nudibranchs...

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes time before enough is gone for you to notice. I thought they weren't doing anything then looked in the tank one day and there are only a few aiptasia left. I do think mine died now. I never saw them out searching for food so I am nabbing these last few while they are easy,

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeal, hang in there. I think in time you'll be fine.

In fact you are an inspiration to me. I'll be moving my 40g tank corals to a new 90g tank I'm building. During the swap I intend to keep the corals in 2 or 3 different holding tanks. I'll sort out the rocks with aiptasia and they will get cleaned as best I can buy my hand (and some tools), but then into a tank that I'll put some nudibranches in. Those can stay in the holding tank for months and I'll even isolate them in a small tank for a moth to see if any aiptasia happen to grow.

Shawn Blevins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been selling them to my lfs. Took around 3 months in my curing tanks. Started with 2 and have caught over 25. Amazing creatures wiped out 1000s of aiptasia. Didn’t notice a difference for the first month and a half. Then they wiped out the aiptasia

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad 1 showed himself. I'm sure he's not the only one in there

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ll update. Haven’t seen any in a couple days. The aptasia is still around...:(

made some kalk paste this morning and shot it at some Aptasia. Must say this really is discouraging. It all seems to be on one rock in the rightside of my tank. I have no idea why it’s localized in that area.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you haven’t given them enough time.. unless you thoroughly and completely cover each and every one with kalk your probably only going to intensify your problem.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a year and a half, did the Berghia work?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back