Well I kept saying I'd get one if I had the chance...

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been so long I forgot what piece we were talking about lol

Drum roll please

Pics or it didn't happen
emoji38.png

Are you painting the picture?

Still waiting:)

This is about the best I can do with my canon. Lol This was taken today. And my pic from March 25th 2016 underneath it. So 10 months growth.

IMG_7347.JPG

20160325_153932-jpg.332781

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's sweet but I couldn't pay that, just insane. What bothers me is if they sell it for 1500 it should look like your first pic, encrusted...healed at least. The thing you received was fresh cut with glue showing that didn't even have algae on it yet. I would have been furious. Glad it grew for you though did you frag it yet?

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's sweet but I couldn't pay that, just insane. What bothers me is if they sell it for 1500 it should look like your first pic, encrusted...healed at least. The thing you received was fresh cut with glue showing that didn't even have algae on it yet. I would have been furious. Glad it grew for you though did you frag it yet?
yeah, you'd think you'd get free shipping for a $1500 frag too. Or maybe a freebie with it? Nope.

No I haven't fragged it yet, need to work up the guts first.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for getting the pic up!!! That is a beautiful piece!! I'd let it run until it reached off of the plug, unless your intention was to frag it sooner to recoup some of your cost ASAP.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just baffled at how much they'll charge for some of this. I agree I'd wait until it's a little bit bigger to cut. If you have a fragging saw like a gryphon you could cut it. Other ways might just destroy it.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet piece man!

I've wondered about this coral. What kind of PAR are you keeping it under. It looks like it's growing pretty nicely. :)

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too worried to cut it i have i think about 6 other stylocienellia they frag pretty well. I'm just not ready yet for this one.

Keeping under about 90 par. Seems to like less flow. Pe is a little better now that it's on the frag rack. It was in pretty heavy flow before.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big has this piece gotten? any updates?
mistake not too frag it. Lost it not long after posting this, to a heater failure (cold tank) didn't catch it until I noticed my wrasse not coming out for a week and it was 60 degrees.

They seem to be plentiful nowadays in the 250 range so I'd probly have never made my money back on it anyway. Price dropped crazy fast just after I bought it.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what happens, mostly, with these things. Once they start to grow in people's tanks, and get fragged, the supply grows and prices fall accordingly. I always think it's a good idea, once they get to an acceptable size, to split them. Rather like diversifying a stock portfolio. I'm actually getting a (hopefully) decent sized rainbow chalice frag and once it settles in I'm going to split it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back