OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How olds your tank btw? If it's less than 6 months or so it might be in you and the nem's best interest to let it mature a little bit more before adding a new one
True and almost 6 months lol. I’m going to wait a bit anyway because the guard has to come.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are giving up on that one, just to buy a new one once you get a guard? Maybe just hold off then for awhile until your tank matures more and you educate yourself a bit more about nem keeping.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you are giving up on that one, just to buy a new one once you get a guard? Maybe just hold off then for awhile until your tank matures more and you educate yourself a bit more about nem keeping.
I have been it won’t happen again…his foot tore so there was no recovering from that lesson learned! I will be getting a guard and then a new one soon not now. And originally I was going to banish him to an isolation box which I might do now…but my lfs was out.

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foot tear is nothing to a bta.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been it won’t happen again…his foot tore so there was no recovering from that lesson learned! I will be getting a guard and then a new one soon not now.
I leave them in the tank until they start to melt , nems are very resilient and can recover from being torn a bit, bubble tips especially are hardy. A long tentacle anemone may not be able to make a torn foot but a bubble tip could

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I leave them in the tank until they start to melt , nems are very resilient and can recover from being torn a bit, bubble tips especially are hardy. A long tentacle anemone may not be able to make a torn foot but a bubble tip could
I flushed him! It’s just not worth the risk for me I don’t want it to nuke the tank and it stopped moving too and shriveled up. Oh and I need to raise my pH too.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I flushed him! It’s just not worth the risk for me I don’t want it to nuke the tank and it stopped moving too and shriveled up.
Maybe consider something other than a bta then. That was not a dead bta you were holding in that pic.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That nem looked alright in the pictures you took of it after it came off the powerhead.
If my nem looked like that I'd have given it a chance instead of flushing it.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That nem looked alright in the pictures you took of it after it came off the powerhead.
We shall never know but I really don’t think so but that’s just me because I’ve seen him closed up and white and puffy and then he started turning brown and shriveled after getting caught the second time but again lesson learned.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
58041773-4A41-4CBA-9976-6488916FEA60.jpeg
You think this looks okay? It happened twice and the second time he was not looking good and his foot tore off.:(

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd time idk, hard to see whilst it's being held and not in the tank.

I've just had one of my nems blend itself last night too unfortunately, mine looked far more gone than that though :(

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2nd time idk, hard to see whilst it's being held and not in the tank.

I've just had one of my nems blend itself last night too unfortunately, mine looked far more gone than that though :(
Well he looked like this in the tank too but I just didn’t want to risk it nuking my tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back