Well... thats a little strange(Featuring; Weird thing corals do)

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing a water change last Friday and I happened to have moved a hammer a little too close to a chalice.
Normally I wouldn't be too concerned and even consider that the hammer would probably being the aggressor in this situation but instead.... BOOM
My hammer became a snack lol

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-20 at 2.52.26 PM.jpeg

What's the weirdest thing you've seen your corals do? Because for me, this one is up there!

Clowns-corals-cats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting for sure. When I introduced my newest hammer they both had there sweepers out for a few minutes but have been fine sense. The weirdest thing I've ever seen is one day a big chunk of my pipe organs was broken off the colony in the sand. Nothing In my tank other than coral but some harmless snails and clowns who I know didn't do it. I glued it to a plug and it's growing like crazy don't know if it's a way it propogates or what.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i first set up my system, I had Micromussa frag eat a hermit crab, and then spit out the shell later, it legit blew my mind. The hermit crab got a little too close and got stung by the feeder tentacles and then got sucked in.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back