Well this is no good... (warning! wp-25 discussion ahead)

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a local vendor in our club had a group buy going for the wp25/40's, and he just posted this info...

Hello everyone,

We we have received a letter for a patent violation on the Jebao pumps and their design. Everyone at this time in the US has been ordered to cease and desist all sales and orders on the Jebao pumps including the import into the US.

Thanks again everyone and we will keep you posted!

Anyone else hear any specific info on this? I wonder which company's patent they (allegedly) violated? It's a bummer either way...

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patent suit? I didn't know that Apple made wave pumps.

LoL

I will have to look around. I just won a mp10 and was going to trade for a buddies wp40. May have to trade if I can not buy.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patent suit? I didn't know that Apple made wave pumps.

LoL

I will have to look around. I just won a mp10 and was going to trade for a buddies wp40. May have to trade if I can not buy.

You are getting a terrible deal there, hope you're getting a lot more than just that powerhead in that trade.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, definitely going for trade plus cash, but thank you for the feedback.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be interesting to read what patent was violated and who called them out... They resemble Tunze powerheads, but they are different enough I would think to avoid this... If anyone has info, please share.

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we have a link to the info? I would like to read about it if someone has some good info.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one had a GB going and all communication has ceased. Still trying to find out what is going on. (???)

So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this on this site:

http://www.tcmas.org/v4/forums/showthread.php?52337-GB-Jebao-WP25-and-WP40-UPDATED-READ-PLZ/page4

UPDATE EVEYONE PLZ READ!!
Hello everyone,

We we have received a letter for a patent violation on the Jebao pumps and their design. Everyone at this time in the US has been ordered to cease and desist all sales and orders on the Jebao pumps including the import into the US.

So what does this mean for our GB?

Well the GB is officially over as of today, and no new orders will be allowed. We will attempt to fulfill the orders for the pumps as we have the pumps on order. If for some reason the pumps do not arrive to us, we will then have to issue refunds for everyone that purchased the pumps. We will do everything we can to fulfill the orders that everyone has placed, however any orders placed after 5/22/13 will be canceled and refunded.

The pumps have already been removed from our site.

As stated above we will issue refunds to everyone if for some reason we are not able to get the pumps in. We should know more on that hopefully by the end of the week.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI and for what it's worth, the Jebao website still has the WP40 visible and in the company news section there is no announcement of issue ( not that they would but enh ;) )

So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The warning was send to US retailers from what I have found so far. Also supposed to stop importing them, so nothing stopping China from selling, just can't come through customs.

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully we can get some truth behind this.

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a local vendor in our club had a group buy going for the wp25/40's, and he just posted this info...

Hello everyone,

Anyone else hear any specific info on this? I wonder which company's patent they (allegedly) violated? It's a bummer either way...

I personally know of one company that has gotten this letter and I have heard of another, so 2 confirmed cases.
The letter was from Tunze and stated too many design similarities.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally know of one company that has gotten this letter and I have heard of another, so 2 confirmed cases.
The letter was from Tunze and stated too many design similarities.

I don't blame Tunze at all if this is the case. Come up with your own pump design.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would like to see a copy of this from the US attorneys office or patent office. Patents have a lifespan and eventually run out and the device becomes public domain. Not sure when Tunze filed theirs but they ahve been around for many many years. Not that I agree with stealing ideas or cloning something someone has rights to but it would be nice to hear "The Rest of the Story". I am one of those who has both a WP25 and WP-40 reserved and paid for and I would really like to receive them for testing. From what I have seen and heard there are enough differences between these and Tunze or any of the other manufacturers to beat a patent infringement case but it may drag out for a long time proving it.

Did Tunze send the letter or someone in authority, that is the question?

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back