Well this is no good... (warning! wp-25 discussion ahead)

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the bickering comes from the preconception that these are "cheap chinese junk". The same label was applied to the Reefbreeders fixtures when they first came out, and many other LED fixtures from China which were shown to provide the same or better performance as the big name brands. People simply don't use the products, and decide to trash them. Same thing is happening with these. Eventually, the happy users will outnumber the unhappy ones (hopefully), and many people will provide their experiences with them, influencing more and more people. If these don't last, or if I had a bad customer support experience, I'd be the first to make it known.

These are a perfect fit for people looking for a high performance wavemaker, but can't stomach paying the premium for a Tunze or Vortech. Those who want the motor outside of the tank will buy the Vortech and be perfectly happy (unless they run the pump in NT mode above 70% with the noise).

Its funny, because no one ever says Reef Octopus is cheap chinese junk. If Coralvue didn't distribute it, it would be no different than what Jebao and fish-street are doing.

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. Exactly what i've been driving at. If you wanna roll the dice with a pump that may or may not work properly and take that chance without any customer support if something goes wrong, then go ahead. But if you keep shelling out hundreds to replace complete pumps after one fails, then you may have just bought the more expensive pump with better customer service to begin with. My point is in retrospect it doesn't really save you any money.

As far as how they determine flow, it's easy arithmetic. Size of the propeller and the displacement of the propeller for X revolutions per second and how many rps the motor is capable of producing. Just like with boat propellers/motors and the calculation of the top speed in knots.

The personal attacks I could do without. It's not accomplishing anything. The anecdotal information in threads i have pointed to, and the anecdotal information from a couple people in this thread are of no more value than another. It's just silly. Clearly biohazard can't discuss this without trying to shout down opposition views with nonsensical tales of ecotech supporters spamming a board or that his identical anecdotal opinions are of far more value than someone else's anecdotal opinions. I was simply trying to show for people that have used these pumps with success, there are also a number of people that have reported failures. Failures + Poor Customer Service = Spending more (and therefore wasting) money.

The problem is, you are not "simply showing success vs failure. So far, you've:

said I worked for Jebao
said these last as long as a $100 pump should, yet these have only been on the market for 4 months
said we wasted our money
said you've seen them run and malfunction (not in person)
said they were shoddily constructed
said I've seen these pumps a lot, i know how they are built. It's anything but quality, and they are not always quiet. (yet you have not actually seen one, nor heard one)
said they've failed out of the box numerous times (without showing it, source?)
said they've leaked voltage (highly unlikely, AC or DC voltage measured, source?)
said they have a short period of planned obsolescence

You're on a mini smear campaign, and I've been correcting all of your false claims with firsthand information and experience, internally and visually, not anecdotal, as an owner of these pumps. An opinion and outright lies are two different things, and you've been telling quite a few.

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
half of that was meant sarcastically, in response to your own absurd claims. "forum of ecotech supporters" I referenced the forum where the instances of failures, parts not being included, noise issues, are all outlined. however, i have also stated several times that I have myself seen these pumps run and be used for a period of time. a local friend purchased one, didn't like how it ran and is using it to now mix saltwater. also, i never said they DO leach voltage, just that they MAY LIKELY leak voltage just as koralias have been documented doing. your "firsthand" experience. is still anecdotal as there is ZERO scientific or otherwise method use in you subjective claims. just that they've been working for you, and now apparently some how blow all other pumps out of the water. please.

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont mind me asking Cory what pumps do you run. Im not trying to start a argument just wondering.

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, the way a multimeter works... it takes a measurement of the voltage and current provided to the pump. An oscilloscope shows the wave shape of the signal. Both of these were used in helping determine exactly what is going on inside of these. The Reef Angel cable actually improves the signal and allows the 0-5v analog Jebao signal to work with 0-10v PWM and analog sources, like an Apex, Reef Keeper, or Reef Angel. These are tested measurements. The VA 0-5v signal itself without modification won't cause any issues.

Keep saying anecdotal. Ignorance is bliss. One day you'll post something that isn't entirely made up, or an opinion. Don't worry, I'll wait.

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and that says exactly nothing to the construction of the parts, the entire pump, or anything else. purely the electrical nature of the pump. not how much water it's moving in relation to other pumps, or how long it will last at that output. so yes, everything else you've stated is purely anecdotal opinion.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is a lot of blablabla......... Jebao is Jebao, Tunze is Tunze and Ecotech is Ecotech, they all do the same thing MOVING WATER!! Same is with my Rolex or a Chinese knock off brand at wall-mart, they give you the time of the day. But let well, there is a difference. The thing is that's bothering me is why Jebao have to make them look like for 99% as a Tunze pump and the name looks almost like MP40....................just saying. I just hope that this pump will work for all the ppl who bought/ordered one or more. They seem to have good reviews. Oh before I forget I for one run 5 mp40's and 4 Radions on my tank. Just hope we let it rest cause this is not really R2R to act as children.

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys Lets just quit adding fuel to a fire with no point. There is no reason to argue about this. We just have to come to the conclusion that some people are gonna like it and some wont.

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look you can bash what Bhazard is saying all day but your wrong.

I have seen him online in forums for several years and one thing he prides himself on is speaking from facts he has seen himself. I read everything he posts and it reads just like a technical review of the Jebao pump.
On the other hand you write I was this at this guys house, I saw that at that guys house, I read this, I read that..... Yadayadayada. It gets us no where. Until YOU buy the pump, test it yourself, you have no real experience with these pumps. It's kind of like me going to a fish store and hearing that a customer bought a yellow tang that died so I will never buy a yellow tang from this fish store. that's just ridiculous ;)

Bhazard, you the man bro..... Keep fighting the good fight lol

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Dsdaley77

*REEF ADDICT*
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And for the record, I spoke with Jebao last night and there is NO, I repeat NO Tunze patent suit or any other that Jebao has been made aware of.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
So You Can
KEEP CALM AND REEF ON!!

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is that's bothering me is why Jebao have to make them look like for 99% as a Tunze pump and the name looks almost like MP40....................just saying.
Yeah, doesn't seem like it was the best business decision... but this is China we're talking about. They don't care about patents. Perhaps their strategy was to get the Jebao name out there by making a near identical copy of a Tunze. Then, in time, make them look and operate different than Tunze. In other words, use the copy to get name recognition in the marketplace.

And for the record, I spoke with Jebao last night and there is NO, I repeat NO Tunze patent suit or any other that Jebao has been made aware of.
Interesting. You called China or a distributor here?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in other news........DOW up 48.09 (0.34%) Gold, 1414.65 USD/OZ.

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its basically about anything but the pump itself.

The new controller speed modes are:

S1: 100% speed
S2: 75% speed
S3: 50% speed

Nice little touch without needing to buy a universal power supply to change voltage/speed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back