Well Water/ CO2 / to Brute to DI - What GPH pump to push through DI?

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

I am new into the hobby and am using Well Water with my RO/DI. As others have experienced, I get about 30-40 gallons of life from the DI. I then implemented the solution as follows:
1.) Output of RO membrane into a 30gl Brute, with powerhead circulating water as the Brute fills up completely.
2.) I then feed the CO2 depleted water from Brute Garbage Can via powerhead to my DI RESIN using a SICCE 1.5 pump.
3.) Output of DI then goes into 5GL holding containers for future use. TDS = 0.

This has resulted in considerable higher usage rate of my DI cartridge. But..., it seems to take a very long time to push the water through the DI. I am wondering what GPH others are using with this solution to pump water through the DI. I am wondering what is the optimal flow, if there is one. Or what is too much that might reduce DI life?

Any help would be appreciated..thanks

Scolymia88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diaphragm pump.....I had the same issue with degassing well water and then pushing through DI. Tried to rig a power head and that was like you said really slow. With this pump I get 5gal in 17 min and its held up over the years as well.

20201231_170634.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back