Well water, into to RODI

Chappy1351

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my office which is where I was making my RODI water. My house has a well and the water coming in is terrible. Is there any way to make good RODI water from a well? Can I add any more filters to my RODI unit?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issues we have here in the Texas hill country is sediment, C02 and high TDS. Not all the TDS is bad. but......
I would set up a filter system for your house. 2 ea big blue type 5 x 20" sediment filters. A 5 micron and a 1 micron. Then a 5 x 20" carbon. This will help your rodi unit and your drinking water.
I would run a 4 or 5 stage rodi for the tank and use 3 additional resin filters. 1ea cation , 1ea anion resin followed by 1ea mixed bed.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure don't see why not assuming your well water is drinkable and not some toxic sludge. :)

Pressure maybe a concern - but a booster pump will fix that easy enough.

You can add DI resin in various combinations after RO for what you need - lots of good BRS vids on RODI and best use cases. Their online store has good breakdown too. But then again, you might be fine with what you have. Run it, test it and see.

May have more sediment - may not - so changing pre-filters more often maybe needed. Won't need to worry about chloramines so basic charcoal filter is probably fine.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tds meter is arriving today, but I think my water is fine coming out of RODI. Likely because we have a big water treatment system all household water goes through first. I'd look into that so it'll improve all of your water, not just your RODI.

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are you will be extremely high in co2. That alone will kill ur di cartridges (1/3 will be exhausted ever 200 gallons). Like me you will be probably have to setup a degassing station. Very simple to setup. Mines is just a 50 gallon container with an air stone in it to introduce oxygen.

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are you will be extremely high in co2. That alone will kill ur di cartridges (1/3 will be exhausted ever 200 gallons). Like me you will be probably have to setup a degassing station. Very simple to setup. Mines is just a 50 gallon container with an air stone in it to introduce oxygen.

So once you have the RO water in this container, how do you out it thru DI? Can you post pics? I just gave up and accept the 002-003 tds water that exhausted DI gives me :/ I don't have any storage space for a big setup.

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt have to be big. A degassing towers is possible too. Takes up a lot less place, but harder to get up and running. I run a maxijet with an rodi reducing attachment to push it through the di. Gravity works too but powered works faster. All i do to degas is run an airstone in the container for 24 hours. My tds drops from 7 to 2 before di; reads 0 after.
D0DC66FA-019C-4AE1-9629-C5084B425BCF.jpeg

Degassing container is on the fridge to the right

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back