Well well well, this may be something to look into...

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked out their Facebook page. There's more info there worth reading about how the device actually works. It looks like it's going to be similar to the Seneye in the sense that every 90 days you will need to replace a sensor disk. They're giving an intro price point of $600 and they're hoping to have them in the US market early 2014.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow. very cool. but would you and I not consider salinty and conductivity the same. isnt it the conductivity of the water as to how the Apex and RKE probes are measurin the salinity?

Psyko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Assuming that it is accurate. I would be the one that gets complacent and rely on it...

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting and could be awesome, but it will depend on overall cost. $600 up front is not a good argument for this being used in place of "investing in expensive controllers". I think I'd rather buy a Genesis Auto Water Change system before I bought this, but that's only on the surface. We'll see what happens as we learn more about it. Could be the best thing since sliced bread, could be a huge loss of money.

Brandon

thatbikeguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a seneye and love it. It would be nice to have more functions like this one but $600 is outta the question for testing.if id still need to buy cards like seneye. If it didnt take cards $600 might not be to bad as I spend $100 a year on my seneye.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting and could be awesome, but it will depend on overall cost. $600 up front is not a good argument for this being used in place of "investing in expensive controllers". I think I'd rather buy a Genesis Auto Water Change system before I bought this, but that's only on the surface. We'll see what happens as we learn more about it. Could be the best thing since sliced bread, could be a huge loss of money.

Brandon

I like to be optimistic, but yet reality has effected me to the point of cautious.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Precisely. I see no reason to get excited nor write it off just yet, although I lean toward the latter. :)

Brandon

Back