We're Here!

Discussion in 'MindStream' started by Step Ahead Innovations, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Step Ahead Innovations

Step Ahead Innovations Member

Hello Reef2Reefers! We heard your requests for a MindStream brand presence on this forum, and so here we are. We have been monitoring the conversations about our new system in the public forums, but we didn't want to inappropriately interfere in the user-oriented platforms, so we recently became a sponsor of Reef2Reef to create our own communication channel. We want to answer all of your questions about the new MindStream monitor, so please feel free to start asking them here. Thanks for your support, and we appreciate your interest in the MindStream solution!

Oscaror, kireek, Mayja and 11 others like this.
    Tags:

2. whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit Active Member

Excited for your product, and hoping for a December ship date ;)

lexinverts likes this.
  3. lexinverts

lexinverts Active Member

Here's a question that I have:

1) I have been able to surmise from the available videos and some of the discussion on the web that your discs have fluorescent properties that will last for more than 30 days. But, the uncertainty of how much of an issue biofouling of the discs by bacteria from tank to tank is what has limited you to a promised 30 day period for highest accuracy. Is this a relatively accurate statement?
    2) If the above is reasonably correct, are there things that could be done to perhaps reduce the effect of bacteria on the discs? Like perhaps a dip in RO water once per week?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!

kireek and Paul Carpenter like this.
  4. itwired

itwired Member

Im one of the kick starters Im super pumped to try the product. I wanted to know is it possible to use it for only one week a month by drying out disc to prolong its life? Looking forward to meeting you guys at macna

Paul Carpenter likes this.
  5. bsstover

bsstover Acroholic R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

I'm one of your kickstarters and hoping for a December ship. I'm happy to you starting a forum to address some of the concerns people have regarding this product. I think all through history any revolution has been encountered with apprehension and skepticism. This is a revolutionary step in how we care for our reefs. Thank you for all your work to bring this to the public.

6. calistyle

calistyle Member

Onboard for Dec. shipment and very excited! I was against the price at first, but it's a huge step forward for the reef community and I want to support that. When does the no3/po4 addon get released? :)

7. Hernan

Hernan Member

Also onboard for Dec. shipment. A very nice christmas for my reef tank and of course for me with these new toy.

8. bigdiscus513

bigdiscus513 Active Member

Good luck people

9. evolved

evolved The Wrasse Guy Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor AZ FRAG Member Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018

Please take a look at this post: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/mindstream-aquarium-monitor.207683/page-15#post-2425298

10. Reduck

Reduck ^ His name is Trent R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Besides @evolved nicely compiled question list and rather than starting a separate thread for each question here are two additional:

1. Has any dialog been opened with other aquarium controller integration teams? ie; Neptune or Reefkeeper.

2. What is your plan if the kickstarter does not make its goal?

Looking forward to your replies.

Thank you for joining R2R!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    evolved likes this.
  11. Cyberdude

Cyberdude Member

As a sponsor the December shipment I too am curious on point number 2

12. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I'm personally super excited about your product! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

13. 7hogwarts

7hogwarts Active Member R2R Supporter

I am in for the January shipment. But I am curious on the #1 question.

14. shaggss

shaggss Member

This I hope will be an awesome product.

I was hoping to be a sponsor too but understand that you couldn't do it for overseas customers.

If you ever need beta testers for Hong Kong please count me in!

Good luck and I really hope your vision becomes reality.

15. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I want to sign up for your Kickstart program, but I'm afraid I'm not going to make it. Definitely can't wait to get one though!

16. Scythanith

Scythanith Active Member

The exchange rate is the only thing holding me back from putting my $ down for the december ship and 12 discs.

17. notclear

notclear Member

I am also from Canada. Not only the exchange rate, add tax and then the outrageous shipping/custom fees if they ship via UPS or Fedex.

I have asked whether they can ship using USPS, no response yet.

18. Step Ahead Innovations

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your comment!

19. Step Ahead Innovations

Yes, we believe technically, the fluorescent science is capable of performing beyond 30 days. However, there are numerous factors that affect the sensor disc longevity in your tank beyond just the fluorescent sensors. We have been testing and researching methods for extending the disc lifespan, however we don't have enough test data to be able to reliably guarantee accurate readings in the wide variety of possible tank configurations beyond 30 days. We have some solid hypothesis about how we will be able to extend disc life and will continue to research and develop these methods, including advice we might provide to you on this topic. Thanks.

jt17 and lexinverts like this.
  20. Jeremy Young

Jeremy Young New Member

I know you guys are hard on it for the December ship dates, have any later plans been discussed about a local processing and display unit ? I think this monitor would be ideal for controlling heaters, dosing pumps and even c02 for ph in a planted tank ,though I understand your utilizing Google processing power for calculations atm.

I have other ideas as well best placed for deeper discussion.

7hogwarts likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted