We're Here!

Discussion in 'MindStream' started by Step Ahead Innovations, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Step Ahead Innovations

Step Ahead Innovations Member

Thanks a LOT for backing us on KS, we really appreciate your helping us get this product to market! The MindStream monitor was designed to be used for real time, ongoing monitoring. We will provide operating instruction for optimal use of the product at launch, including how best to maintain your disc.

2. Step Ahead Innovations

Thanks a lot for your comment! You really seem to appreciate what we are trying to accomplish for the aquarium hobby and we are really glad to have you on board.

3. Step Ahead Innovations

Thanks a lot for backing us! We have populated the introductory MindStream monitor discs with sensors that are capable of monitoring what we believe are the most important water parameters for maintaining optimal saltwater tank chemistry. This includes the “Big Three” parameters of Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium. Importantly, we have also included Salinity/TDS, Temperature, and pH because they are critical to maintaining the health of fish and corals. Also, the ability to measure Oxygen and CO2 together are revolutionary because together these two parameters provide important insights into the biological activity and respiration of the livestock in the tank. We understand that Nitrate is an important parameter to monitor when establishing a new tank or making changes to an existing tank. We have been investing in developing a Nitrate sensor and have achieved very promising results for a Nitrate sensor for freshwater tanks. We believe an accurate Nitrate sensor for saltwater tanks is technically feasible and it is a very high development priority for us. We know that Phosphate is also a key reef tank parameter and it is an important development priority for us as well. However, we anticipate developing a Phosphate sensor that does not use reagent technology will be especially complex and difficult to achieve.

4. Cyberdude

Cyberdude Member

With only 9 days left and 1/3 of your goal reached what happens to the backers at this point of the goal is not reached?

5. nitro

nitro Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

I believe in a few years these will be in more tanks than ones without them... Great product.
    Nitro

6. Step Ahead Innovations

Thanks Reduck.
    1. We are currently devoting our development resources to getting our first MindStream monitor to market. The first version will not be integrated with other systems, including Apex controllers. We will certainly consider the merits of working with other aquarium tank system providers, including Neptune Systems, to provide integration down the road.

2. Our Kickstarter campaign plays a very significant role in the development of both our product and our company. From a financial prospect it provides important capital beyond what we have raised from early investors and the expected proceeds are part of our operating budget to complete R&D/testing, purchase long lead time components, and build out manufacturing. It also is an important measure of the demand within this community for the MindStream monitor. We will bring the MindStream monitor to market regardless, and we are counting on a big Kickstarter success to avoid any delays in getting it to you.

7. Step Ahead Innovations

Thanks a lot Shaggss! We will work to get the MindStream monitor to you as soon as possible.!

8. Step Ahead Innovations

We really wish we could do something about the exchange rate, but unfortunately that's not our area of expertise! Good luck.

9. Step Ahead Innovations

Hi Notclear, yes we will be able to ship via USPS. Thanks.

10. Reduck

Reduck ^ His name is Trent R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

That is good news. Thanks again for participating. As one of the first Kickstarter pledges (I think I was the second December pledge actually), I really want this to come to fruition.
    Being in product development, I know how difficult it is to bring products to market. Especially those focused on a very narrow market like reefing.
    All the best to your team and company!

11. Step Ahead Innovations

Thanks Jeremy. We of course have a lot of ideas about future product enhancements but we are highly focused on getting this first version of the MindStream monitor to market. It might be helpful to know that the sophisticated measurement capabilities of the MindStream monitor provide raw data that must then be interpreted and adjusted by algorithms in the cloud. Therefore, our cloud-based functionality is critical to the innovative and revolutionary aspects of the MindStream monitor. The first version will not be integrated with other systems, including Apex controllers. However, we will certainly consider the merits of working with other aquarium tank system providers, including Neptune Systems, to provide integration down the road.

12. Jeremy Young

Jeremy Young New Member

That's cool, I just see your current product coming to market as a cornerstone.

And the level of thought and research you put into a product makes me hopeful and excited about the possibilityof other products down the line that can utilize your mindstream ☺

Altho compatability with other systems is nice, I like the idea of buying your products as I think the quality and reliability will be there

13. Amoo

Amoo The Moo Daddy R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I've seen the question multiple times now, but I've not seen a direct answer to it. If I missed it can somebody please point me to it. If not can you please tell us a plan of action both for yourselves and the people who were willing to provide financial backing if the kickstarter does not meet it's goal?

evolved likes this.
  14. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

@Amoo They did answer the question. Highlighting is mine for emphasis.

15. Amoo

Amoo The Moo Daddy R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thank you icecool, but that only seems to answer the part about whether they need the kickstarter to release as promised, and nothing about plans for if it isn't successful which is a question I have seen and personally have.

evolved likes this.
  16. lexinverts

lexinverts Active Member

They made a statement on their Facebook page to the effect that regardless of the KS outcome, they would not forget their early backers.

17. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

@Amoo fair enough! I can see how their statement can be interpreted that way.

18. Reduck

The way I read it is that if the Kickstarter is unsuccessful, there may be delays.

Someone @Step Ahead Innovations want to clarify this point?

Cyberdude and evolved like this.
  19. Step Ahead Innovations

Hi Reduck - we will bring the MindStream monitor to market regardless, but anything less than a full Kickstarter success will be challenging for the company and will very likely cause delays. We remain optimistic that our base will support us in this endeavor, even if takes until the last day of the MACNA conference!

Reduck likes this.
  20. Reduck

Thanks for the clarification. Again, your participation here is greatly appreciated!

Ron

Draft saved Draft deleted