We're looking for creative and fun Secret Santa reveal ideas!

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Ho! Ho! Ho! With all the great gifts already being sent out, I thought it might be about time to let some of you start revealing yourselves to your gift recipients...but most of the ideas for how a traditional Secret Santa reveal is done are for groups ranging from 10-20 people...not 286 people... Haha! So, I was hoping some of you guys might help us think of fun ideas!

2 important things to note:

1) This is NOT the Secret Santa reveal thread...I'll start that one at the beginning of next week which will give you guys time to think of HOW you want to reveal yourselves to your gift recipients.
2) Revealing yourself is completely voluntary and NOT required...although, I will say that it is ABSOLUTELY part of the FUN!!!

Here are a few ideas that I thought of already (and I might have used the Google device to help me out...):

1) JUST SAY IT! Ok, so this isn't complicated. It's for you straightforward, no-nonsense types. You just say something like "Hey! @Hermey! I drew your name, and I had a blast being your Secret Santa! Merry Christmas!

2) Say it with FLAIR! This could be like using poetry or something...some kind of fun little prose or poem to let your gift recipient know who you are. There are some examples of these on Google.

3) Scavenger Hunt: In this idea, maybe you look for clues throughout the forum or send them on a chase to learn who you are. This could be fun for you creative types.

4) Say it indirectly. This might be something like having @Hermey or I tag your gift recipient and point them to your build thread...or something like that.

Btw, for those who want to use some of the ideas above and not reveal immediately, @Hermey and I can help with your reveal! Just PM us what you want posted and we'll post it for you. Maybe it could even turn into a sort of "Guess who!" game for your person.

Alright, these are some ideas to get you all thinking. What are some other ideas? Remember, this thread is JUST for ideas on HOW to reveal...please don't reveal just yet!!

#SecretSanta2019

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Ooo! I wonder if using a JibJab video would work? Like maybe include your avatar and the avatar of your gift recipient...and maybe Santa and Hermey. Haha!

Memes are another possibility...

I'll keep thinking...LOL!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah. A meme was the first thing I thought of. If I can ever figure out how to use them.
There are apps that you can use to make them.

Search for one save it to you phone / computer. Attach files find it and post it.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
When I read the thread title I got really excited because I thought that you were going to finally reveal who @Santa Claus and @Hermey are!!! ;Wideyed ;Wideyed ;Wideyed

Hermey

Official R2R Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
When I read the thread title I got really excited because I thought that you were going to finally reveal who @Santa Claus and @Hermey are!!! ;Wideyed ;Wideyed ;Wideyed
At the end of SS were going to hold a "Guess the Elf" contest. No prizes, but the winner will receive mad props for guessing who I am.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What in the name of santa claus' beard is a meme?

A meme is kind of like a gremlin (kinda cute, can be annoying and potentiallly dangerous). Only for the internet.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
What in the name of santa claus' beard is a meme?

Crying Jordan, Grumpy Cat, and Distracted Boyfriend are all examples of classic memes.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Did I hear Memes???
suffering.jpg

Hermey

Official R2R Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Using such terminology as "mad props" sounds so Indiana lol, so my short list would first be crabs. I'll wait for the thread to make it official guess.
While some believe elves to be a type of fairy, dont ever compare me to the glitter fairy! I'm above that.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
While some believe elves to be a type of fairy, dont ever compare me to the glitter fairy! I'm above that.
Jelly much? ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Using such terminology as "mad props" sounds so Indiana lol, so my short list would first be crabs. I'll wait for the thread to make it official guess.
I'm not from indiana though, I pronounce the word "about" too wrong to be from there ;) isnt that right @HotRocks and @4FordFamily

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back