West TX Reef Club Meeting, Feb 25th

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! This is exciting stuff to have our own sub-forum over here. we also have a private sub-forum here, but will start posting there once more members figure that we are here. Anyways, we are having a meeting in Lubbock, TX on the 25th of Feb and would love to meet everyone there. the location will be disclosed as we approach the date.

I want to talk about and answer any questions about where our club is going and who all is a part of it. Here are some copy and pastes from our facebook page.

Hey folks I've been talking to a few of our members and thinking a bunch about the future for our reef club. We'd like get more community involvement and be able to offer assistance and certain equipment on loan if members need it. The first step would be getting registered with MASNA (marine aquarium societies if north America). These are the guys that put on MACNA every year. They also support efforts to eliminate abuse in collecting livestock, provide access to online and published materials, and encourage the ethical grown of tne marine aquarium hobby. It costs $50 a year to become a legit club, not just a Facebook page. We also want to start getting guest speakers like Steve Tyree and Marc Levenson to cone to our meetings. We will gather a PAR meter, QT meds, suction cups to move tanks easier, fish traps, and other things or club could benefit from. Once registered with MASNA, we will set a board of directors, mission statement, club logo and shirts, and a checking account to hold donations to purchase equipment and to hold grow out contest money.

We also need everyone's help to be successful. We are accepting donations at his time and we'd really like some feedback and volunteers to pull this off. I think we can do this and grow enough to put West Texas on the map for being a great reefing community.

Another copy and paste

Man oh man this is an exciting time I be involved in our reefing community! Hub City Reef Club has expanded to encompass the entire Permian Basin area includingLubbock, Amarillo, Hobbs, Odessa, Portales, Midland, and everwhere inbetween. We now have our own sub-forum on reef2reef.com and we are registered with MASNA. On R2R, you can start a build thread, learn about upcoming live sales, have access to expert advice, and most importantly, we can all gather on neutral ground. We're doing the paperwork now to become a non-profit organization. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for all the support. Directions on how to join are in the comment section.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO REEFER LEFT BEHIND and AQUASCAPING WORKSHOP
Feb. 25th @ 6 PM
Copper Caboose on Slide and 50th
No purchases necessary
Ok guys, the "No Reefer Left Behind" program is back!!! We had a great turn out for the last one, so let's make this one even better.
This is how it will work: We're asking for our members to donate a frag if they have extra of anything, it doesn't matter what it is. We'll put all the frags in a tank and let them open up while we do a workshop on aqua escaping using Marco products.

"Marco Rocks was founded in 2006. Spawned out of the belief that our industry needed a responsible "green" alternative to wild collected live rock. We quickly out grew our Mass Location In 2008 we expanded into a Key Largo location and thanks to your overwhelming support we quickly out grew that location also. In 2010 we moved to our current location in Homestead Florida, A fully licensed Florida aquaculture facility on over 5 acres. Now exporting to 7 countries, we produce all of our own rock products and are the largest producer and shipper of aquarium rock in the USA. We hope some of the photos below will give you a feel for a day around the Marco Rocks rock farm. For the 2013-2014 season we have plans to add an underwater location to our "farm" Stay tuned for more pics and updates."

Towards the end, everyone will draw a number then pick what frag they want in numerical order. We highly encourage newer reefers to attend so they can beef up their coral stock. Plus, it's a great way to meet all the people you see online. It'll be lots of fun and we hope to see you all there!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back